Changing the AF Point Size on the OMD EM5

elliot1

<p>I sold my EM5 to a friend of mine when I got my EM1. He has somehow changed the size of the AF point to a larger square shape rather than the smaller rectangle. And I don't know now to change it back permanently. Any ideas? (He has done a full reset and just did the EM5 firmware upgrade but the issue is still there, although he has been able to access the small square shaped AF point.)</p>

<p> </p>

<p>Bruce that option does not change the size of the AF points, only the selection. He had used the touch screen feature at some point and think he used the zoom feature which changed the AF point size... can't figure out how to change it back. </p>

<p>With the new firmware the E-M5 can use large or small AF area AF boxes; the same as the E-PL5 and later cameras. The zoom AF box size, used in conjunction with the touch screen, can be controlled by either one of the top dials or a touch slider on the LCD. I think you have to go into the zoom mode first to do it. I assigned zoom mode to the Fn1 button.</p>

<p>I may have solved the problem. I believe he turned the MAGNIFY option on at some point and never turned it off. I tested the option with my EM1 and got the same result as he has. He is going to experiment with it over the weekend. </p>

• 2 weeks later...

<p>I believe I had forgotten that the EM5 has larger AF points (square) as opposed to the smaller rectangular ones of the EM1. </p>

<p>In any case, he is now using the small square AF point available with the newest firmware upgrade and has locked in the center AF point, so the issue has effectively been resolved.</p>