Changing settings

Piranha

I need to change my Photo.net Personalized URL details. Upon enrolling it was not clear what should be entered here and I entered my website URL by mistake. I see no way to edit this and I fail to see why it is required at all; surely it should default to the user's name. Can someone please help me?

Mod Note Thread moved to Site Help

Edited by William Michael

I can't answer your question, but it's not posted in a place where it's likely to get answered. You posted it to "Member's Photo News." I think you're better off posting it to the Site Help Forum. Be aware, though, many questions go unanswered there as well.
  • Like 1
We didn't need dialogue. We had faces!

Hi Piranha. This is only a guess on my part but I did the same thing. If you hover the mouse over the question mark next to where it says "Portfolio Website" it reads "Premium members recieve [sic] a 'follow' link to have photo.net link to your portfolio for SEO optimization, free members recieve [sic] 'nofollow'." That makes me think it's basically worthless unless you're a premium member, so it would make sense that only as a premium member would we have the ability to change it.
  • Like 1

I need to change my Photo.net Personalized URL details.

I do not believe that you can and even if you can, I think it unwise for you to make changes to it.

That entry is unique to your User Number and it drives the link to your Photonet Home Page (AKA Bio Page)

I note that you have changed your screen name but some how you also deleted a link to your Home Page which I have reinstated for you.

WW

• Like 1