Changing Brush Opacity in CS5

Discussion in 'Digital Darkroom' started by mpd, Mar 20, 2011.

1. mpd

mpd

When using the Brush tool in CS5 I would like to be able to change the Opacity setting using the number keys. I must have changed a setting because this morning the number keys are changing the flow and not the Opacity. I thought this was controlled by one of the icons displayed on the tool bar but I cannot seem to get it to reset.
    What is the correct way to toggle numeric key control of the Opacity and Flow settings?
    thanks,
    pat

2. Using the shift key combined with the number will allow you to control brush opacity instead of flow.
    Control + Alt + Shift + K will bring up the keyboard shortcuts dialog and give you all sorts of options.

3. Also, if you want the number keys (without shift) to modify the opacity instead of flow, you need to turn off the airbrush mode.

4. mpd

mpd

Sheldon,
    Thank you. That was it.
    Odd though. I have been using the numbers to change the Opacity for years. I first noticed this behavior with CS5 but it not always happen. No matter, your suggestion works 100% of the time.
    pat

5. i dotn use any key combo and i change my brush opacity just with number key everyday... CS2-3-4-5.
    something must have change in your preference somewhere... If the key combo work, good for you.. but dont take that as a Adobe change.. because by pressing only the number pad my brush opacity change for me ; )