changing avatar

I just changed mine, for the fun of it. I went to photo.net/my/settings; clicked the Upload new avatar button, and chose a file. That went through a quick progress count up to 100%, then the button changed to 'Refresh'. Clicking that left my old avatar picture still showing, at both the Portfolio and Forum pages. So then I logged out, deleted photo.net cookies, and logged back in (which I remember having to do before). This made no change to the forum, where I go first, but the new avatar was now showing on the Portfolio page. When I went back to the Forum page, it still had the old avatar.

Now, you know there is one menu that opens when you roll over your avatar at the top right of the screen, and there's another menu that opens when you roll over your screen name, just below that. Both these menus have the option to Log out. I just logged out in the Screen-name menu, and then straight back in, and now I see my new avatar on both the Portfolio and the Forum pages. So maybe the two Log-out commands change different cookies, or something; maybe I needed to do both kinds of log-out to make the change stick.

Of course, I may have to post here again, when my old avatar comes back from the grave in two minutes' time!

This is weird. I get my new avatar (it's a stone wall with a wind turbine in the background) on both the portfolio-area profile page and the top forum page, but this page, and other forum content pages, still show the old one. Have I joined Donald in avatar limbo?

On a guess, I logged out the one way, then back in, logged out the other way, then back in. The new avatar was now displayed. When I cane to this page, it showed the old one. I did 'back' in the browser, and the previous page now showed the old avatar too. I did 'View image' (in the right-button menu for the avatar image) and see that my avatar is photo.net/avatar/1543334.

When I go back to the top Forum page (where it's showing my old avatar), and do 'view image info' on the avatar, the info window shows the new avatar, with the same URL!

Edited by Dustin McAmera

I can see Donald's avatar (a tower and street-lamp on a misty day?) when I substitute his photo.net number in that image URL; and I see it on his Portfolio page. When I do 'View page info' (a Firefox command) on this page, where that avatar should be displayed (but isn't), that avatar URL doesn't appear in the media tab of the info page. Instead, there's d16dtt40xwalxx.cloudfront.net/discuss/styles/pixelgoose/metro/blue/xenforo/avatars/avatar_male_m.png

So it seems that the forum part of the site doesn't think you have an avatar uploaded.