Change the battery on a Nikon ML-L3

nishnishant

<p>I just got a Nikon ML-L3 wireless remote control. It has come with a battery installed. I have 2 questions that I hope someone can answer.</p>

<p>(1) How do I open the battery compartment? I pulled at it a bit and it does move but I am afraid I'll just break it if I pull harder. I've never ever seen such a complex compartment for a battery before.</p>

<p>(2) The remote works - I tested it. But the bulb at the front does not light up. Is that normal?</p>

<p>Thanks.</p>

<p>1 - it is tricky to open, you have to pull the small square tab (labeled 1) in the direction of the small arrow (towards the centre of the remote). At the same time you have to pull the whole battery slot out of the remote. If it feels stuck, just pull the first tab as hard to the centre as you can. I find it easiest to push my thumbnail between this tab and the body of the remote to lever the tab inwards, then using the index finger of the same hand pull the battery compartment out.</p>

<p>2 - the LED at the front is infra-red, just like your TV remote. So you cannot see the light emitted.<br>

Alan</p>