and L JPEG all day, and now I have got home and although I can see all

the pics on the camera, I cant get them off the cam. Neither the EOS

Utility viewer nor putting the card in an external CF reader/writer

allows me to pull the pics off. It says on both the Utility viewer and

in windows explorer that there is no pics on the camera or card, BUT I

can still see them on the cam. I put the CF Card in a 10d, and pulled

the jpegs off using the utility viewer somehow, but the RAW pics arent

there. any ideas? I am so stuck.

Did you formated yours friend card on your 20D before shooting?

Have you tried a "scandisk" (only checking, not repairing) on your card reader to check the consistency of the file system?

When the card on your card reader, have you tried the "properties" option to check how many files and megabytes does the operating system thinks there are on your card? (right mouse button over the folder name)

Do you have a low level recover utility to extract the chunks of data from the card? (i think there are some free ones to download and try, they show thumnail, and later if you like it you can buy to recover 100% size of files)

No more ideas at this moment

Regards

Hey Jorge

I formatted the card before I used it on the Camera itself, avoiding the FAT32 file system on the computer.

I have tried a couple of recovery programs but they cant find CR2 files, and only have found corrupt JPEG files.

How do i check the properties of the Card Reader itself - that is run the scandisk function?

The Properties tab of the card is about right, 500mb used of 1gb or so. When I roll over the DCIM file, it says 'folder is empty', but if I click on it it says 'file is corrupted or unusable'.

There is a corrupt file on the viewer of the camera that I cannot delete as well because it says it is protected. I tried to unprotect it, but that didnt work.

Thanks Jorge, any other ideas?

No more ideas, only new question is if recovery programs you used are for memory cards or hard disks in general, I mean if you have tried to undelete files or to unformat the "disk".

Maybe some search in the digital forum provides more info/help.

Sorry no have magic solution.

Good luck

Thanks for you answer to my post it helped. This happened to me also and I still am

confused. I use Iphoto and viewer utility together. Jpegs automaticaly go to my iphoto then

I click on my cardreader icon and drag and click on the cr2 files. then create a folder called

raw ( something) and i can view it in viewer utility. This is on a mac by the way. There

probably is an easier way but this is how I did I hope that helped.

I have experienced exactly the same problem. I have always shot jpg with other digital cameras, and after receiving my new 20D about two weeks ago, I tried some RAW shots. I can see them on the camera, but haven't the slightest idea how to download them. They just don't "magicly" appear as the jpgs do. I thought it was just me and my lack of computer skills. Well, maybe it still is, but anyway I'm not alone. Someone MUST know what we are doing wrong...

Jean-Jacques you are the KING OF THE WORLD. Dlded the ZAR Program, am running it now with my card in my reader and off the pics are coming. It has found the JPEGS that neither the 20d or the card reader were seeing, and it is pulling the .CR2 files off as well, but as TIFF files. Have opened a TIFF file in the EOS viewer utility and up she comes, am so stoked. Haven't checked them all yet for quality, or whether the files are able to processed as RAW files in the utility which I doubt, but just happy that a days work wasnt wasted. Thanks to the other guys for your help as well, stoked to get my pics back from the dead which I though they were. GO THE PHOTO.NET FORUMS!