Certified Refurbished ?

hjoseph7

I highly doubt it, so do not assume that.

As Dieter said, if it came in as a return and the shutter was the problem, then the shutter mechanism may be replaced.

In other businesses, a refurb is check and adjust the gear is operating to spec, and IF necessary repair.

Replacing of major modules is not generally part of a refurb, unless it is a recall or similar item.

• 1 month later...
I wouldn't worry, I have owned two refurbished cameras and they were great, no issues. The only difference I could tell was I saved a few hundred dollars. Many times these are almost new cameras that someone returned because there was something about that model they didn't like. Maybe it didn't meet the original buyers expectations. Maybe they decided to get a higher end model, instead of the 6D they went for the 5D MK ** or the 7D MK **. The camera goes back to Canon repair and a tech carefully goes over the camera and tests the camera to insure it meets specs and gets a new part and repaired if needed. You still get a one year warranty on the same camera that Canon says is as good as new and they stand behind that as if it was a new camera. If you are on a budget or just don't see the point in throwing away money don't fear you are getting an inferior product. Look at it like the new car that drives off the lot and loses 20% of the purchase price just because it is now not brand new never owned by a consumer. Just go for it, the refurbished camera doesn't have cooties, at least we hope not. ;) Edited by Mark Keefer
Cheers, Mark

• 2 weeks later...