Centre filter for schneider 75\8

christos_chatzoglou

It could but probobly not because the lenses diameter is differ and all the lenses has different characteristic.

The center filter is correcting arias were just that praticular lens doesn't se very vell. I have one on a lens on one my special camera but that one made for that lens. The filter one doesn't work on any other of my WA lens at all. Well it works if it's feet but it's just not correcting very much.:-)

Now, my sollution were to step up with my lenses, for example on my 4x5 I'm using a WA lens which had been designed for 5x7. Both my old and the new deliver a 100 degree and I'm loosing some of the entire image but not that much so I got worried. :-). However in that way I'm using the best out of the lens absolute performance even when I restituate (camera movements). I do have oversized lenses on my 8x10 too.

• 5 months later...

As I got recently a used Art Panorama 170 camera with the Schneider Super Angulon 90/8, I am wondering if I need their center filter as well

(Schneider IIIb , according to various sites and the B&H catalog).

My guess is that the lens coverage is stressed much worse in the 6x17 format than in the 4x5 inches.

Would the Marumi work well, or must I bite the bullet and go for the real thing?

Regards,

N.Fotis