Central Florida Wedding & Portrait Photography Locations?

Hello all,

You just saw the post below from a photo.netter looking for location

in NY. What a great idea! I live in Central Florida, between

Orlando and Daytona. Looking for locations for engagement shoots,

wedding shoots, senior hih school students, and family portraiture.

If you share your favorite spots, I'll be happy to share mine. I'm

looking for park locations, scenic spots, formal gardens, great

architecture, etc. I prefer locations with mutiple shooting areas.

I'm willing to pay entry fees if necessary.

I shoot all over Central Florida (Orlando, Winter Park, Sanford,

Lake Mary, Altamonte Springs, Orange City, Daytona, New Smyrna, and

up the coast towards St. Augustine).

Thanks in advance!

Chris

Hey Chris

I live in Deland

lets see...Blue Springs wich I am sure you know about. Gemini Springs is anouther nice location. Also Bullow Plantation is nice. Also up that way is Washington Oaks they have a small garden on one side of A1A and a rocky beach on the other. Also there is a very cool park in Palatka. I believ it is called Ravine state park. It is very nice when the Azalias are in bloom. There is a small stream that runs threw the middle of the ravine and a few hanging bridges over the ravine. If you want to get into a swamp for some different shots try Hontoon Island State park. If you hit me with an email I can go into more detail. Im at work and the boss is on the prowl

Michael

Michael - I understand! I'm right next door to you in Deltona. I used to hate the prowling boss types.

My favorite people shooting locations are Rollins College (be careful while on their property), Leu Gardens (pro photography annual fee applies), Washington Oaks on A1A, and I don't have much else. Blue Springs is nice! That's why I'm looking for more. Need more locations since I'm doing jobs all over Central Florida.

If you are shooting there for profit (people, scenics, art show stuff) they charge you a $250 annual fee. They don't usually challenge you upon entry. Te fee is worth it if you are over there a lot - it's a beautiful place and it's privately owned but on display for the benefit of Orlando residents. It's an outstanding wedding location as well.

Chris,

You may want to try Hollis Gardens in Lakeland. It is a beautiful place to photograph portraits. The only negatives about the place are that it is small (about 1.2 acres), on the weekends there are always weddings so you have to shoot around them and their hours of 10-6 does not usually make for favorable lighting here in central Florida. If you can arrange an overcast day or shoot during the late afternoon in winter it is a wonderful location.

Here is their web site address with some photos posted.

http://www.lakelandgov.net/parkrec/Parks/HollisGarden.html

-Greg

• 3 years later...