CDIA vs NESOP vs ?

yulia_orlov

<p>Hello all,</p>

<p>i hope somebody can lit some light on my dilemma :)<br>

I was in the middle of applying for post-bac to MassArt (because i missed the deadline to apply for graduate duuuh) So i figured i'd apply for post-bac and next year for graduate....</p>

<p>BUT i started thinking... maybe i should go to certificate program instead of post-bac...Get some core knowledge, classes in photography, and the apply for graduate. <br>

(I am a self-taught photographer, and for the past year i had an urge to really LEARN photography, with photographers and from photographers)</p>

<p>SO my question, sorry you had to read all that to get to the main point...What is the best school in MA for certificate?<br>

I know Hallmark, but it's too far away..CDIA is very close, my main concern is they are digital only, i really want to learn medium format etc...Is NESOP any good? Are there any other good schools around here? </p>

<p>Any advise would be appreciated...<br>

TIA</p>

<p>Thank you, Jonathan!<br>

I am currently doing family photography, but would love to go into more "artsy" photography...Although i know not many people earn money with that :)</p>

<p>I called NESOP and they don't have part time programs :( I have 3 kids so going to school for 2 years full time is not an option, unfortunately... <br>

CDIA has part time program, and much closer to my house...I just don't know if that school is worth looking at...at all...Not many reviews...</p>

Well, I don't really know much about CDIA or Massart, but yeah, NESOP's full time program is just that - full time. And from what I've

heard it is rather intense and time-consuming. Otherwise I think it might have been a pretty good fit for you since you can study the more

technical stuff (lighting, etc.) or the more fine art based stuff.

You can always try their workshops. They are typically taught by instructors from the full time program, but meet only once a week.