Caught in the act...

otislynch

I used to think my cover was blown when I saw a subject's eye wandering in my direction. But a total lack of response from anybody over many years of doing this has made me believe that most people escape to fantasy at any opportunity - at the moment of exposure, he was no more aware of or interested in me than he was in his wife or the artwork around him. I'd love to see others' shots of similar moments of apparent or real recognition.

blew_my_cover.jpg.02288bb99c11f41597530e899658590c.jpg

Edited by otislynch
  • Like 3

Thanks, everybody - I absolutely LOVE it !!! Here's one of my favorites in this series. She was one of the paid photographers at my cousin's wedding years ago. I love to take pictures of people taking pictures (which would make another nice thread here), and they're always so focused on their work that they never notice my interest. But she did. BTW, this is obviously one of those technically compromised shots that (I hope) has content & composition good enough to transcend its limitations & be worth viewing. I saw her stick her head out suddenly and barely got my camera up & the zoom at the right length in time to capture her glance before she went back to her job. She may have been doing the same thing to me, but I never caught up with her to ask.

icu.jpg.f2e658ef0669bae947aa20146047730a.jpg

• Like 1