cases for MF / 35mm

derek_stanton

Hi. I'm in need of a case / bag for my MF and 35 system (one case for both). I currently have an RZ67 II with Prism Finder, two backs, Polaroid, 110mm and 180mm lenses; Canon EOS1n w/booster drive, 70-210mm, 28-135mm lenses.

I won't be walking around with the case. I would use it primarily to transport the equipment to a given location (primarily studio / location fashion photography).

Any suggestions, recommendations, comments or reviews on Halliburton, Tundra, Pellican, Lightware, Domke, Tenba, Tamrac, et al.?

Greetings-

I have a Tamrac Pro 625 bag that works very well. It is a large case with plenty of space, should be able to handle your equipment well. I have two Kiev 88 medium format camera bodies, one TTL prism finder, one unmetered prism finder, side grip, Vivtar 285 HV flash, 30mm fisheye, 45mm, 65mm, 150mm lenses, (bodies both have 80mm lenses,

four 6x6 film backs, 2 645 film backs, 2x teleconverter, 2 extension tubes, groundglass back, camera pistol grip, many filters, Sekonic 308 meter and film. I have used it occaisionally with two 35mm Canon AE-1 bodies by leaving a few MF items out, to carry most of both systems.

It gets heavy with all that in it, but as Tamrac's catalog says, it can perform as the "mothership". Also is available much cheaper than advirtised. Good luck.

I recently purchased a Pellican 1650 case to hold my RB67,3 backs,3 x RB lenses 1 polaroid, Mag finder, 4x5 monorail camera, film holders, LF lenses, meter etc.

<p>

Its very strong, and waterproof. Its airtight enough to be impossible to open after flight (unless you use the purge valve. It also has wheels, although i'm constantly stooping when wheeling it along. It fits the boot (trunk) of all the hire cars i've had in the US. It has 7 latches, making it just about impossible to accidentaly open.

<p>

Mine was supplied with cubed foam, which is easy to achive a professional looking equiptment fit, but I suspect is a little inefficient with the available space. They are also available with dividers.

<p>

I got mine from a scuba diving supplier (paradise dive, NY?) for a better price than the photo shops were offering. All in all i'd recomend it.

Lowepro has a nice web site at www.lowepro.com. They give the dimensions and the divider layouts for a variety of bags. Even if you don't like or want Lowepro the site might be useful to you in figuring out how big a case you might require. I believe that they make a series of hard cases as well as traditional camera bags.