Cars by Canon FD

alan_swartz

<p>Having just expressed my displeasure with my scanner in an earlier thread, here are three Velvia 50 scans. While the post-processed results still lack dynamic range and I'm not satisfied with the sharpness, the Velvia is far more forgiving than Kodachrome.</p>

<p>Fill out the thread with your own automotive shots . . . .</p><div>00UtXo-185749584.jpg.a319a8373e781b696e5843d80e3c82f1.jpg</div>

<p>Thanks, and nice contributions by the rest, too. I do use a D screen at times. My glasses lenses produce distortion similar to a terrible wide angle lens, only it is variable and changes with my eye position at the viewfinder. Even the D screen doesn't necessarily offer success. </p>

<p>They also make some amazing chromatic aberration. Near the edges of the lenses, a bright red advertising marquee splits into a double image of amber and green. Red and blue on a plane surface appear to be one behind the other. Guess I need a fluorite element in my glasses.</p>

<p>More contributions?</p>

<blockquote>

<p> I can rarely get a proper horizontal orientation any more.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Yeah, I have that problem too and if I'm hand holding the camera, while the grid screen helps I still end up cock-eyed sometimes. I have come to rely on guide lines and grids in Photoshop to help.</p>

<p>Alan, Your scans look pretty good on my monitor. Nice shots!</p>