Carl Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad

Discussion in 'Medium Format' started by alexi_jimenez|1, Oct 1, 2009.

1. Hello everyone,
    I am new to the forum. I am curious to know if it is possible to trigger the shutter of the Carl Zeiss lenses for Hasselblad from the outside of the lens, like ei. in large format photography lenses.
    thank you for your kind response
    Alexi

2. If you want it badly enough i.e. $2K : it's possible
    http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/621064-REG/Silvestri_1152_Hasselblad_Lens_Actuator_for.html
    [​IMG]
    Another option, if you can live with the restricted movements it has, is to track down a hasselblad flexbody.

3. The 'regular' way is to get the older, non-automatic Hasselblad bellows unit, and use the front part of it, the bit that takes the lens.
    It is like the adapter ring above (though far, far less expensive), and offers a cable release connector to trip the shutter, and a knob to recock the shutter again.

4. Thank you all for your informing answers.

5. A "cheat" way, which is possible for the more compact lenses (wideangle through to about the 150mm Sonnar I reckon) which consist of a single front group assembly and single rear group assembly, is to unscrew these assemblies from the Compur/Prontor #0 shutters built into the lenses and rescrew them into an ordinary large-format style Copal/Compur/Prontor/Seiko #0 shutter. Although I cannot confirm which Hasselblad lenses this will definitely work for, I have done it with some Bronica and Mamiya SLR lenses which have the exact same lens/shutter design. It is very easy and very cheap (the LF shutter will be ~ $100, or perhaps you have one already).