Carl de Keyzer

jkantor

Nice work by the person. The flash intro is not too bad. At least it's not over the top the way it seems most Flash sites are.

One thing I wonder about though is how effective the Flash really is once you make it into the portfolios section. I am on a 10Mbps Broadband connection on a 1.7Ghtz PC that runs Windows XP Pro and I had to wait between every image in the portfolio. I dunno I'd have preferred to simply click through thumbnails instead of waiting for the Flash to load an image.

Anyhow - software aside - some of the shots are impressive.

Thanks for posting the link.

I thought the flash stuff as well as the organization of the site got in the way. I couldn't decide if I liked the guy's work or not. It seems like an option to look at the work chronologically would provide a much better chance of getting to know the photographer in depth. I guess that is not the purpose of the site, however.

I was actually talking about the quality of the pictures. I think the problem is when Flash is just used for the sake of using Flash.

But the use of Flash to pan and scan across an image has some interesting applications.

• 2 weeks later...
The images are terrific, but the netsite like that of many other photogs appears to be caught in some kind of artsy fartsy cliche trap. Tiny print and inadequate use of the space to present the images appears to be the result of using the netsite itself as an artpiece through which to present the images to the viewer. But...it this case its worth it...