Cards for D750

eric_m4

<p>The D750 is not compatible with the UHS-II (Ultra High Speed 2) standard. You can insert and use UHS-II SD cards into the D750, but they transfer at UHS-I speed. Therefore, if you are getting cards solely for the D750, I would get UHS-I cards to save money. At this point among Nikon DSLRs, only the D500 is compatible with UHS-II.</p>

<p>Since the D7100, I have been using Sandisk Extreme Pro 95 MB/sec cards. I have had quite a few of them from 16G to 128G; so far I haven't had any problems at all. If you don't shoot "machine gun" style, maybe you can get something a bit slower, e.g. 80 MB/sec, but the price difference is quite small nowadays. These cards work very well on the D7200 also.</p>

<p>Obviously there are other brands, but I have had a few glitches even with Lexar.</p>

<p>BTW, UHS-II cards have a second row of electronic contacts for a faster transfer rate. See below, but the D750 cannot take advantage of that.</p><div>00e8HO-565286284.jpg.11f35c6600a6f68a8db1ca112befd09e.jpg</div>

<p>Personally, I find cards larger than 32 to be as much a curse as a blessing. I accumulate too many images in one place. Best case, it takes longer to process them, worst case, if I had a failure (which I haven't so far) I would loose more images. Usually on a photo trip when usage is heavy, I change cards daily since I don't care to travel with a laptop. It all comes down to how you work and what you grow to like.</p>

<p>Sandy, the D750 has dual memory cards as do most mid to high end Nikon DSLRs. I always use the backup mode to store every image onto two memory cards so that I will never accumulate too many images in one place. They are always in at least two places.</p>

<p>In fact, my experience is quite the opposite. If you use small-capacity memory cards and change them daily, and you don't have a computer to back them up onto multiple hard drives or SSDs, you are juggling too many memory cards and every card you lose means images that are gone forever.</p>

<p>Today, even the 128G Extreme Pro is $67:<br>

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1275616-REG/sandisk_sdsdxxg_128g_ancin_extremepro_sdhc_128gb.html

</P>

<P>

I would have bought one or two 256G. However, my primary memory card type has now shifted to XQD such that I don't use SD as much any more, mainly as the backup/2nd copy on the D500.</p>

<p>Shun -- I run the two slots JPG and Raw. I haven't bought a 128 because I have a pair of 64s that I don't use much except for standby. I have a travel file for the cards and so far have managed to hold on to them. Comes down to what you like and how you shoot. I have only run through a 32 unexpectedly once on the DF and I had spares. Based on your suggestion, I may rotate the 64s back in for a while. 128 is a tempting concept -- a whole lot of "film". 256 out there as well, how are they? In this kind of price range, price isn't the deciding factor.</p>