Capture One won't import BW JPGs?

I have an ongoing project of bringing my (many) folders of old photos into Capture One (using sessions so I can keep the whole thing on cloud and open it from any computer). I have a bunch of folders where I've put raws and film scans from the same time in the same place. And I'm finding that C1 ignores my BW JPGs. Whether I'm using the Input function or just dumping the image files into the Capture folder of a session, everything shows except the BW JPGs. I can find other people who had this problem but nobody with a solution.

Does anybody know more about this? Does C1 just lack the ability to read BW JPGs? That is so odd, I can't believe they would set it up that way...

Not used C1, so this is off the top of my head, but could it be the method of saving the BW JPGs has introduced parameters with which C1 cannot cope - quality, colour space, compression or such like ? Can you open one of the JPGs in another editor, and re-save it in as many ways as feasible (ignore the loss in quality !), then try importing each of these into C1 until you find a file with settings that suit it ?
  • Like 1