Capture NX2 won't work since last MS updates

tri-x1

<p>I've been running Capture NX2--latest version--on a Windows XP Pro machine (Sp3) with no problems--not one. Then, on April 15, Microsoft issued a bunch of security updates. Since then NX2 won't run. It acts like it's loading but never finishes and if I shut down I'm told the machine has to wait for NX2 to close. I've even tried going back to the original version of NX2 with no luck. Even ran complete Malware and antivirus scans.<br>

Anyone else have simplar problems with XP Pro and NX2? The program runs fine on a Vista machine.</p>

<p>Wayne have you tried to go back on XP to a state before the latest update? This should be possible.<br>

Security issues can be seen in the knowledgebase of MS to evaluate if there should be any concern for your use of windows.</p>

<p>Updates applied a couple of days ago, just tried NX2 and everything is working fine.<br>

It's a long shot but, try installing Microsoft.NET framework version 3.5 + service pack along with Microsoft's visual C++ 2005 redistributable if not already done so!</p>

<p>Good luck</p>

<p>I have not experienced this problem, but the advice above about Microsoft.NET framework may be right on. Capture NX2 is sensitive to the version number. At one time about a year ago, I updated Microsoft.NET framework and Capture NX stopped working because it needed the older version. Turns out that multiple versions can co-exist on your computer and Capture NX will use the one it wants.</p>

<p>Many problems have been reported with Capture NX lately due to the 2.2 update, although Mac users seem to be having the most problems. In addition to the .NET 3.5 update, I would completely uninstall NX, trying to manually find as many components as possible afterwards and clean out the caches. A lot gets left in the .NET assembly folders. Then, install again.</p>