Capture NX2 warning when trying to load NEF files

pcg856

<p>I just purchased Capture NX2 ,when I try to open a NEF file into the editor I get a warning message saying CAN NOT LOAD FILE. Has any one else come across this problem or know of any solutions to fix this problem? I am running capture on a pc with Vista OS.I uninstalled and reinstalled the program 3 time with the same results.It will open the jpeg but not the NEF , both files are in the same folder.</p>

<p>It has to be a problem with Vista I uploaded capture to my older pc running XP and the NEF files open ,I checked for updates it showed none available,I try and reinstall it another when I some time .It's checked to show NEF JPEG AND TIFF</p>

<p>I finally got it working working,for some reason it was not loading correctly from the CD,I uninstalled it and then I downloaded the trail version from Nikon website and then added my purchase key and it loading the NEF files now.<br>

Thanks</p>

<p>Just and FYI, I am running it on a PC with Vista and 8 gb of memory, and it still struggles. However, I have learned to live with it. I have found that processor speed seems to make a big difference with Capture NX2. I overclocked mine by 20% and it appears to struggle less.</p>

<p>Pat,</p>

<p>I run 32 bit Windows w/4 GB because of printer driver issues. As a computer consultant I need to be compatible with my various clients' printers when I work on-site.</p>

<p>That being said, I just 'upgraded' from Vista Business to Windows 7 Pro last weekend and find it to be very similar to Vista. I've heard it said that W7 was really Vista SP2 before SP 2 was released. I can't say I had any Vista issues that were in-surmountable. It's been rock stable since early 2008</p>

<p>Good luck with W7,<br>

Mark</p>

• 2 years later...

<p>Hi, this is an old thread but I'll give a shot anyway.<br>

I have the same issue but it's a little bit more complex. For me it seems that the operating system has nothing to do with it. I encounter the same issue with my office pc running on XP and my personal laptop that runs on W7. I shoot with both a D300 (my own) and a D300s (company). I have absolutely not problem reading NEF files coming out of my D300 with Capture NX (1.3) on either PCs but I cannot read them if shot with the D300s again on both computers. My feeling is that it's a camera setting and I've been going through the manual but can't find anything.<br>

Anybody has any thoughts?<br>

Thanks.</p>