Capture NX2 background on an iMac

<p>I use Capture NX2 almost exclusively and recently started using it on an iMac. <br>

I must be missing something in the set-up. When I open the program and have the folders and browser tabs (on the left) collapsed, I can see my desktop background instead of the grey background which was normally there when I used Windows. This is very annoying.<br>

Does anyone know how to get rid of this?</p>

<p>The short answer to your question: try hitting the F key (it's also under view). The long answer, the long answer is that keyboard shortcuts rule! And that yes, the Mac OS fundamentally thinks you might actual do more than one thing at a time and you have access to your desktop at anytime: no window takes up the entire screen unless you make it do so. I might suggest trying it for awhile- it will unconsciously make your workflow more productive; at least it does for me. Imagine having email or iTunes in the background and you get a new mail or want to switch songs, just click on the open window underneath your current window. Now I can't stand it when I use a Windows computer and a program grabs all of my screen real-estate! </p>