Can't print using Single Sheet Guide on Epson 2880

<p>I'm still learning the ropes with this new (great) printer. I'm not having any luck printing using the single sheet guide. It simply won't print. I get a message that says: "Paper Source Setting not selected correctly". Details: I'm using Photoshop CS2. My test paper is Ilford Smooth Pearl, 8X11. Paper Source: Sheet. The printer guide lists several Epson papers that can be used for the Single Sheet Guide. They're all (I think) pretty thick, like Watercolor Paper Radiant, Exhibition Fiber, etc. Will the Single Sheet Guide only work with the thicker papers?<br>

<br />Any suggestions would be appreciated.<br>

Thanks,<br>

Andrew<br /></p>

<p>Andrew, if you haven't done so already, look at the user's guide, page 6 (Loading Paper) for detailed instructions. If you don't have the user's guide, you can download it <a href="http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&infoType=Doc&oid=104488&prodoid=63075040">here</a>. Good luck, and Happy New Year...</p>

<p>You need to select "Roll - Manual" as the paper source. Totally counter intuitive, but that's what's needed. Once you select "Roll - Manual", you can then select your paper size in the second drop down (i.e. 8.5 x 11)</p>

<p>I came across the same problem last week and found it by trial and error. However it actually is written in the manual in the section about printing using Windows (came across it last night when I tried my first roll paper for a 13" wide print and read some more of the manual)</p>

<p>Edit:</p>

<p>Your next question might be, why won't the printer accept my paper and keep telling my of a possible paper jam? The trick is to turn on the printer, let it do all its start-up noises, and then insert the sheet in, all the way in, I mean really far in!). Half the sheet will be in the printer by then. Only then does the printer grab hold of the paper (you'll hear the noise and it'll move in a bit more). At this point you can then send your print job. Took me several tries to get this right, despite going step by step with the manual on using the single sheet feeder.</p>