can't find CL's timer

Suggestions: Get a manual for that thing because you seem to have an awful lot of questions about it. How were you even sure you wanted it? Obtain a Bulb release with a 20 foot air line from BHphotovideodotcom then you won't need a timer and you can use it on all your cameras! Mine just arrived today and its really nice and only $11.95 US Best regards, Bill

frank,

i hear ya. what i do, and i think most other pros as well :), is get one of those nifty little pocket tripods. also carry around one of those collapsible antenae's that you can find on old busted up stereo's (go for a bang and olufson stereo, as this is proper, german made tools)

set the tripod and your frame and position yourself and any others that may want to appear in frame with you (this is probably only for self portrait right ;^) then take out your german antenae, extend it and you can use this to push down the shutter button your your cl.

if this doesnt work, there's a self timer inside the camera, to access this, you need to take the cover off of the bottom of the cl (whilst loaded and frame is set) and hit the little 'bs' switch that runs beside the film. best to do this as quick as possible.

good luck and post some results! :)

I have one of those mechanical, screw-in self-timers as in Trevor's B&H link. Used it years ago with yes ... a Leitz-Minolta CL and Rollei 35S. It works well. Has a funky, ratcheting sound when winding down. Very Luddite. Frank, maybe I'll send it to you gratis if you promise to stop writing threads about your "pristine CL." Maybe... LOL

The self-timer on every so equipped camera that I have owned (evem the illustrious M3) conked out prematurely and after several returns for repair I said the hell with it and used an aftermarket mechanical or pneumatic timer instead. More dependable, less hassle, cleaner camera. . . <p> "don't need no stinkin' self timer!"