Canson Platine Fibre Rag paper review

<p>I'm eager to visit the gallery!<br>

<br />Your troubles with paper transport and head strike suggest adjustment of the Epson's platen and, possibly, its internal drying time. Those operator-controlled adjustments are standard for many Epsons, don't know about your particular model. I'd rather decide between papers on the basis of appearance than on the basis of what may be printer adjustment issues.</p>

<p>Thank you. Most useful. As it happens I've been going through a similar process though using labs in UK and USA rather than my own Epson. My clear winner was Harman Baryta gloss warmtone, which is also a semi-gloss paper, which gave me really nice prints from a range of labs and several different printers from Epson & Canon. The Gold Fibre Silk was also in my shortlist. I've tried Crane Museo silver rag in the past from West Coast Imaging and wasn't too impressed, but I must say that the Harman paper has persuaded me that I can get b&w prints made from digital originals that I can display alongside my traditional fibre prints, and I can also use it to scan and print certain "difficult" negs that i've had a tough job getting great traditional fibre prints from. </p>

<p>There is a white version too that I much like for colour work, and a matte version that I don't much care for- too chalky looking and seems very delicate.</p>

• 5 weeks later...

<p>Hello, <br>

How is the Canson Platine Fibre Rag for color prints? My Professor raves about this paper. I am a senior photography major and am about to have my senior b.f.a. exhibition. I am looking for a high end paper that a similar quality to the papers that traditional c-prints were made on. Any suggestions? Thanks!</p>

<p>Hello, <br>

How is the Canson Platine Fibre Rag for color prints? My Professor raves about this paper. I am a senior photography major and am about to have my senior b.f.a. exhibition. I am looking for a high end paper that a similar quality to the papers that traditional c-prints were made on. Any suggestions? Thanks!</p>