Canon's Digital Photo Professional Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by steve_brantley|2, Dec 8, 2008.

1. :eek:, that is a 9-year-old thread, You have been playing with the way back machine. So basically a corrupted file was causing the crash? Are you working with the latest version DPP, it has gone through a lot of revisions in 9 years.

2. My condolences and I now understand your problem. Apple makes a good computer and OS, but it is based on perpetual upgrading and spending money. You need a new camera or preferably a new iPhone. Will the MAC Geniuses help?

Maybe a cheap alternative is buy a cheap PC just to get the files off the camera, convert to DNG or TIF and send to MAC or get a new camera and hope Apple doesn't screw you again on the next OS upgrade next year. Sorry I am still angry at Apple from an iPhone 3s update that killed battery life, the phone one year old, but Apple decided it was time for me to buy a new phone. I did and it was android and I never looked back.

I came within an inch of buying a big MAC 27inch system, it is supposed to be the intuitive system for creative's.
    I stood there in the Apple Store ready to spend $3499. I noticed little things like no CD/DVD, no audio input, no hard drive bay, only a couple USB ports and one Thunderbolt Port. They were having issues with Adobe Premier. This was a glorified giant iPad. I got twice the computer for half the price in the PC world. Killer fast gaming system, dual solid state drives, 16 gigs memory dual video cards, USB 3 and Thunderbolt, DVD burner, back lit keyboard.

Sorry I got off track venting at old wounds never forgotten at Apple.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017