Canon Warranty Work?

scil_concepts

The answer to this question is on the Canon website, specific to the repair center you will be shipping it to. Usually it consists of a form detailing the camera information and the problem, as well as your address information, as well as the camera itself. They ask that you only send accessories related to the problem.

On a side note, I have recently had a terrible experience with the Canon service center in New Jersey, so I recommend you send it to the California site if you are in the US. They lost my information, so the camera was lost in the system, then they failed to contact me AT ALL, and finally, once repairs were completed, they sent a letter for my lens (which was fine but part of problem) stating that I owed nothing, but did not send one for my Camera, so I thought they messed up again. Almost a month later and I still don't have my camera, and it was a paid repair. I should get it back Monday. Oh, and they lied and said they sent it overnight, but it was 2-day according to Fedex.

Make sure you rubber band your information to your camera.

Joshua Szulecki

http://waterfalls.szulecki.com

Mine wasn't a warranty repair, so I cannot be 100% certain, but I would include the original of one, and a copy of the other, so you still have one original, and a copy of the other for yourself.

As in, send them the original card and a copy of the bill of sale, retaining the original bill of sale, and a copy of the card.

But, for a warranty repair, I'd wait until Monday and call Canon to make sure, if possible.

Joshua Szulecki

Well, I got my camera back from Canon NJ, and while their handling staff might be incompetant, their repair folks certainly are not. My camera is properly repaired, including scratched plastic, and they even cleaned it up for me. I'd say they redeemed themselves.