canon vs nikon for portrait

boston_boston

ijust got a canon Elan7e i have taking one roll of film

for the frist time. some of the picture did look good

because of my lack of not know my camera. and this is my

frist camera so iam new.but my Questions is why did

the man @ this camera shop tell me that i should has

got a nikon because it take better portrait.that canon

is for sports.all because my picture was that good.

is`it that he a nikon man.iam getting better at this

because of this site.i read this site everday.

iam take indoor and outdoor picture .want to take wedding pictures

too. what camera have over the other canon vs nikon.

There's no logical reasoning to support his statement that Nikon will take a better portrait than a Canon. Image quality is all in the user anyway, unless you have a bad lens, and Canon doesn't make any. Any Canon camera will equal a Nikon in terms of build and quality. And I'm a Nikon shooter!

You should've bought a Minolta! :-)

The guy in the camera store is an ass. He is either too stupid to work there or too dishonest for you to buy something from him. Either way, stay away from him.

Quality portraits are from good technique, good lighting, and knowing how to get your subject to relax and have fun. The camera brand has nothing to do with it.

Stay away from this shop until they either get good sales help in or just close up altogether. Your time is worth more than what they gave you.

I went to a Camera store in a nearby large city. They are a national company with several store names, that they have aquired. I wanted to look at a Canon 70-200 f2.8, which they apparently did not stock. The salesman recomended a Quantaray at a ridicoulous price and told me the lens was equal to the Canon in quality and as good as many Canon primes. Now I order from B&H exclusivly after doing my own research. I don't trust these clowns who'll lie to make a sale.