Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #14

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Well the weather has been disgusting here today and to top that off my Kentucky Wildcats just got beat, but have no fear, the Canon Picture of the Week is here! (cheers & whistles). If you live in the good ole U.S. of A. then today is Thanksgiving. If you don't live in the USA, then have a good day working and maintaining your current weight. If you're traveling this Thanksgiving weekend, then most of all be safe, and hopefully you have a computer handy so you can post your Canon photo.</p>

<p>I like to post a photo for the thread that I have taken during the previous week. Well pickens were slim this week, I took two photos this week. And that's only because I couldn't lift my finger from the shutter button before the camera fired the second shot. I set out a suet feeder about 200 feet behind the house last week and I walked back the other day to see if it had been visited. I took my camera just in case somethig crazy happened. Well, nothing crazy happened, but our horses were all standing together with a dramatic cloudy sky behind them so I turned their way to snap a shot...and here it is.</p>

<p>HAPPY THANKSGIVING EVERYONE!</p><div>00XkDU-305635684.jpg.fec82e9159076ddc2a13135d0148880b.jpg</div>

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Took a trip to the Charlotte International Auto Show this week. This is a Ferrari 458 Italia, view of right taillight. Some quick numbers, it makes around 590 BHP, does 0-62 in 3.35 seconds, and costs $261,968 (actual sticker price for this one). Gran Turismo 5 was also released yesterday for PS3, what a week for cars. Shot with 40D and 50mm 1.8, 1/100th, f2.2 ISO1600<br /><br /><br /></p><div>00XkEU-305647584.jpg.e3c7f8197f1334b318d67d4953f1ed3b.jpg</div>

<p>Saw these dew drops on a trip around the garden, last of the colour this Autumn...we are in for a cold snap here on the south coast of the uk. Might even snow which is pretty rare down here.<br>

Anyway I like the colour and thought it looked like a crown full of jewels.</p><div>00XkEq-305651584.jpg.ba681861b7829d150e4ab954b25acc33.jpg</div>

<p>You folks are some early birds this week, perhaps up and starting food for the BIG Thanks Giving feast. I hope no one is eating alone today. Well enough of that, here's a pic of a Potter lowering his monthly clay delivery into his basement studio via a rope and a board. He did have someone at the bottom to unload it. An Arkansas elevator...............</p><div>00XkGW-305687584.jpg.e28c1154879fd5157d856ace9d862e3e.jpg</div>

<p>I spent countless hours this past summer and early fall stalking the great blue herons and great egrets at the local wetlands park. Though I did get some good shots, most of the heron shots were at some distance, and when in flight, flying away. I returned this past Sunday to the wetlands mostly to kill a little time, hoping to maybe see a few mallards if I was lucky, knowing that at least most of the herons had migrated south. Fortunately I was prepared when this lone heron came flying towards me, and I got off a burst of shots, most of which turned out pretty nicely. Couldn't really pick a favorite, but here is one of them. I also got several shots of him standing on the shore within twenty or thirty feet, and another burst when he flew away. I thought it rather ironic that my best great blue heron shots of the year came on a day that I didn't even expect to see one.</p><div>00XkGt-305691684.jpg.20caef63173d5f8c5a329de10609e5e3.jpg</div>

<p>Hey Mark I shoot using both Canon and Nikon equipment. Sometimes at the same time (Canon body and Nikon lens) which also means I get to contribute to Wednesday and Thursday pics. Allegiance to one camera system or another is like what Einstein said about Nationalism '...an <em>infantile disease'.</em> </p>