Canon Thursday Pic 2010: #12

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Alright Canon Community, Mr. Root has enough confidence in me to put the weight of the weekly phenomenon known as the Canon Thursday Pic on my shoulders. My Dad hardly had the confidence to let me mow the lawn so I'll try my hardest not to screw this up.</p>

<p>I took this photo earlier this summer of my sister-in-law's new Chocolate Lab, Ollie. This was just one of many I shot that day, and thanks to digital I could shoot off a hundred or so with no worries. Hopefully this "family related" photo will cause for a smooth passing of the torch, with this marking my first week as your new Thursday Pic starter. Can't wait to see all the photos.</p>

<p>Oh, and also, we went two weeks straight of over 100 posts, but we slacked off a little last week. Let's try to get into the triple digits again this week and show the Nikonistas who's the boss.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Xeyf-300719584.jpg.86310b802d56d19f494ee03b1872bf7b.jpg</div>

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Nathan, nice shot of the lab. Ervin, excellent portrait! Bueh, I need to go shooting with you some day. Lupo, if I had a son, I'd be quite honored if he was just like you.</p>

<p>I didn't shoot a lot this past week. Too busy with other matters. Did manage to throw the lens up at this pigeon putting the brakes on.</p>

<p> </p><div>00Xezz-300743584.JPG.0c8013afb1bd3e185f362021cc945054.JPG</div>

<p>Best of luck Nathan, I am sure you will do fine. Best wishes to a speedy recovery of your father Lupo. Wonderful Images everyone. Maybe we can get back over the 100 mark this week. Here is my entry, still working on what ever color I can find this fall in Northern California. This capture is more about form and light than color though. <strong>EOS 50D, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM</strong></p><div>00Xf2b-300809584.jpg.0f8cb2dadf68b00c4bde85fd8386d6a7.jpg</div>