Canon Thursday Photo 2013: #2

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><strong><em>Important</em></strong><em>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <em><strong>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</strong></em>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only 3 images each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Okay, let's try this again. Happy Thursday everyone! I remembered this week and a big thanks to Jan for getting us started last week. A little early, but I just started my last semester of college which involves my student teaching component before becoming a high school teacher next year. This means I have to be in a public school from 7am-3pm Mon - Fri and wake up at 5:30 every morning, so the threads may post a little earlier over the next few months. Well, it's a great time to be a Louisville Cardinal (which is why I forgot the thread last week). Our football team upset Florida to win the Sugar Bowl, which is very exciting for the school and community, but before that we had the annual battle of the Bluegrass between us and the Kentucky Wildcats. This is basketball country and this is the one game more looked forward to than any other in the state and it gives one school braggin' rights for an entire year. This year, we won and I had the privilege of photographing the game. Here is a shot of Louisville forward Chane Behanan going up for a dunk in the first half. Glad to be back and let's see those photos!</p><div>00bDlV-513041584.jpg.a811a7e79e41418691b50ffc53fd47a7.jpg</div>

<p>Hi all, here's some more art for you. From the same exhibit in Oerle/Veldhoven (NL)<br>

first one is from the entrance gate,<br>

second is a sort of experiment they have going to see what happens if you leave the dining table outside (been there for years),<br>

3rd a vacuum cleaner, in a hole, with lights blinking.. don't know what it means. its art.</p><div>00bDn0-513057584.jpg.d395a4fe6dc0446b98222ea798d37227.jpg</div>

<p>So Nathan you're going to be a high school teacher. This is my 35th year in the classroom, my advice: get out now! Just kidding, it is a great profession and we need good people. Best of luck to you.<br>

I had two weeks off from school for the holidays but didn't do too much photography until last weekend. Here are two from a place called Kirkwood, a small nature preserve bordered by several horse farms.</p><div>00bDnV-513065584.jpg.1ada04c98f8e22c18b9cfd738e65a80c.jpg</div>

<p>Looking across from Cookham Dean towards Windsor Castle, which was lost in the mist. Maidenhead is just visible to the right edge of the shot.<br /> This was my first roll of Ilford SFX 200. It's double the price of FP 5, but I think it's worth it.<br>

EOS-1+24-105+Kood red filter, f8<br>

<a title="Early morning by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Early morning src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8355/8290191689_9583139de7_z.jpg" alt="Early morning" width="640" height="429" /></a></p>

<p>Just a little history this week: This is the last remaining WW II POW barracks at Camp Crossville, Crossville, TN. From 1942 to 1945, the camp held officers from the Italian and German armies. The former camp area is now an agricultural facility for the University of Tennessee...</p><div>00bDoT-513083584.jpg.2f770cba0ad67e896746afe8ab7e13b1.jpg</div>

<p>Phil R. - lovely shot of flycatcher; Jan - strange what qualifies as art these days; Robert C - love those wonderful soft colors of winter.<br />This week a couple of shots of rose hips in our garden, #1 as a subject and #2 as an out of focus background.</p><div>00bDom-513087584.jpg.499f75acb923e7a5f097bc8fdad6eacc.jpg</div>