Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #52

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! Hard to believe it's the last thread of 2012. As we did last year, I'll post a link to the first Thursday thread of the year just for fun to look back and see how we have improved in 52 weeks. I hope everyone had a great holiday and was safe. I'll see you in 2013. Let's see those photos.</p>

<p>http://www.photo.net/canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00Zp6x</p><div>00bAWt-510235584.jpg.a07a47d471e77d0fa0a0b0fb0b3dbc0d.jpg</div>

<p>All the best for the new year.<br>

My niece has a group exhibit in the south of Holland (Oerle, Veldhoven) till the 1st of januari.<br>

I went down there yesterday to take a few snaps.. <br>

These people open their house and garden for this event. First one is my niece Mayke with her installation. next one is a pinecone with a ribbon, but the carpet belongs to another artwork. I still don;t get the pinecone with ribbon , but they were all over the place. 3rd one the trees.<br>

Have to look up who the artists of the other works are. There were 16 artist exhibiting.<br>

So more to come. On their website <a href="http://www.vaaggrond.nl">www.vaaggrond.nl</a> you can find some pix i took last year.</p><div>00bAXt-510251584.jpg.92781dd5c3ce40dac123d8a8c1f1e11f.jpg</div>

<p>Doesn't seem like another year has passed. It was fun to look back, Nathan. Thanks for posting the link. It has been a good year. Thank you all for providing inspiration to keep improving. I look forward to seeing your photos each Thursday and am rewarded with a visual feast for the eyes.</p>

<p>Seeing Gil's cat reminded me of a recent photo when I was testing a new 24-70 f/2.8L II. Someone on another forum humorously quipped this lens was so sharp, Canon should issue a BAND-AID<sup>® </sup>with it. I can't disagree. It is nearly prime sharp across the zoom range even when used wide open. The downsized image here does it little justice.</p>

<p> </p><div>00bAY1-510253584.JPG.5f8d3a7ed4cdf0d4269f6ae588760b46.JPG</div>

<p>Happy Christmas everyone.<br>

I've just started getting orders for images shot on film, something over a year after going back to film photography.<br /> My first publication is a "Big Picture" item published in a newspaper and comes from the first roll of colour film I pushed through the camera. I've added the shot for rating on PN and it's interesting to see how it's done here.<br>

EOS-1+100-40, f8, ~400 mm, ~1/1000, Fujifilm Supra 200<br>

<a title="Early morning by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Early morning src="http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8498/8290190859_49e2f5ddfc_z.jpg" alt="Early morning" width="640" height="429" /></a></p>