Canon Thursday Photo 2012: #12

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq" rel="nofollow"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! Spring is officially here, even though it's been around for awhile now, so there should be no excuses for a lack of photos. Flowers are blooming and birds are chirping, so there should be plenty out there to shoot. As I said last week, I got up a couple hours before sunrise last Thursday to go shoot some birds. Was hoping for Whooping Cranes, but I never got close enough. I did mark off a few birds on my life list though. Here's one of a Red-Winged Blackbird calling in the ladies. I used the 2x II t/c and was pleasantly surprised. It's not as sharp as the 1.4x or bare lens, but it's more acceptable than I expected. Can't wait to se all the great photos. You guys keep steppin' it up every week.</p><div>00aAkz-451985584.jpg.8a2658f558d17528d93b5e097fb36c21.jpg</div>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

<p>Randall,<br>

Where are you located? I'm in southern Indiana and we have two tracks within about an hour. A dirt track in Brownstown and a high bank 1/2 mile in Salem. I'll hopefully be making my way up there in the next couple months. I was just curious where your photos were taken.</p>

<p>Keeping it simple -- BBQ grilled some ribs -- started out with a<strong><em> spicy</em></strong> chocolate rub and lots of really good hot sauce -- before , during, and after.</p>

<p>This is the before shot, with 7D, 85mm 1.8, f/4.5, 1/30.</p>

<p>(nice to see Lupo's BLT reprise, Jeff's concert action! sharp race car, olde car, and before/when Nathan got <em>urushioled</em>) (edit: well done Robin!)</p><div>00aAlG-451991584.jpg.7c4bafa9a0c48bc3951a1d98eda94eea.jpg</div>

<p>Nathan-I'm in central NJ, about an hour from both New Egypt Speedway (dirt) and Wall Stadium Speedway (paved 1/3m high bank oval). I do hope you get the chance to get some "track time" in, it can be very rewarding. Milling around the pits is a great oppurtunity to meet some really interesting people. How's that poison Ivy coming along? That can be some nasty stuff. -R </p>

<p>Excellent photos so far. Can't wait to see what else our Canon shooters bring. Nathan, the red-winged blackbird shot is completely acceptable. Very nice!<br>

Phil Richardson - I can't even get a decent shot of a belted Kingfisher sitting still. That's an impressive shot!<br>

Robert Colameco and David Smith - nice portraits!</p>

<p>I often try to get ducks and larger fowl from any angle other than the profile view. However, the colors in the water with this preening pintail sitting there were too much for me to pass up.</p>

<div>00aAnF-452035584.JPG.2148567c11dcac17299cf98658a4ddd1.JPG</div>