Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #51

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! I've spent the past week taking photos at my dad's annual basketball tournament; he's the director of one of the nation's premiere high school basketball tournaments right in the heart of basketball country, Kentucky. The championship game was tonight and Christ Presbyterian from Nashville, TN took home the title. I asked a couple questions earlier in the week about remote triggers for my 'behind the rim' mounted camera. Here is a photo from that camera from tonight's game. The player is tournament MVP Jalen Lindsey.</p>

<p>Numbers have been down lately; don't let the cold weather keep you from getting out and shooting. Let's see those photos!</p><div>00Zlk0-426715584.jpg.8bd64dae0bc3e2a1156ebf72ddf73d77.jpg</div>

<p>Excellent shot, Nathan! I'd like to see the rig you used to attach the camera to the backboard. </p>

<p>Robin Smith - a good example of how one can break the rules and still come away with a very nice shot!</p>

<p>Jeff Spirer - Don't move; we've got paramedics on the way.</p>

<p>I'm away shooting wildlife in a National Park, so I apologize in advance for the bad editing. I just can't edit well on my laptop. Here's one of the many deer I've seen.</p>

<p> </p><div>00ZlmI-426763584.JPG.e6781fbc48e195d9e0986fd903a09e67.JPG</div>

<p>Here's another one of "de Staat" a rockband from Holland. This is the singer (Torre Florim), and in the background the keyboard/percussion/vocals (Rocco Bell).<br /> 5DII, 28-80 2.8-4.0 L.<br /> I should have taken the uv filter off the lens to reduce the light reflection, but in these venues i'm always prepared to flying beer...<br /> They were using a lot of smoke, sometimes you couldn't see the other side of the stage.<br /> @ Stijn: where is this? Looks familiar..</p><div>00ZlmT-426771584.jpg.0ef830b8496f4c2d8ccb4a5f8e09753e.jpg</div>

<p>Wow! Some great shots here already. Nathan, that's great. I really like the B&W's as well. So who do we think really took that shot of the pines?<br>

I went to Cape May NJ this past Monday. I am not a beach person, but during the winter I can handle it. The lighthouse at the Cape May Point, with birds.</p><div>00ZlnE-426795584.jpg.d89d47336af56d10bf41482dc8b68123.jpg</div>

<p>This week, I decided to do some shooting with my 17-year old EOS Rebel G, using the original 35-105mm kit lens and shooting Kodak BW400CN film. I wanted to see if the chromogenic BW film had improved from my last experience with it about 10 years ago. It hasn't.</p>

<p>Anyway, here's one shot, necessarily the best one of the day, but at least it has some humor...</p><div>00ZlnQ-426805584.jpg.924c67e1c41b639c94d023ed63e15a6a.jpg</div>

<p><strong>Chickadee in a Russian olive tree:</strong><br>

Canon 7D, EF 500mm f/4L IS, Av mode, ISO 800, f/4, +2/3EV resulting in 1/1600-sec.</p>

<p><a title="Black-capped chickadee enjoys Russian olives by dcstep, on Flickr" href=" Black-capped chickadee enjoys Russian olives src="http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7012/6546709585_50540d6778_b.jpg" alt="Black-capped chickadee enjoys Russian olives" width="1024" height="1024" /></a></p>