Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #42

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! It's that time again. Lots of great photos last week, as always. I can't wait to see what this week has to offer. Well, I got back from West Virginia nearly two weeks ago also and back to reality. School is back in full swing and unfortunately I didn't take a single photo this week. It's a good thing I have a stockpile of photos from WV. So here's another one from my fall vacation. This is a sunset in the Canaan Valley.</p><div>00ZUbL-408051684.jpg.22112cf7fe5929b7c2646f39782a6065.jpg</div>

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Special Olympics Delaware teamed with law enforcement and the trucking industry last Saturday to stage the World's Largest Truck Convoy. The event featured 143 trucks running a 28 mile route. They raised $35,000 for the cause and offered rides to Special Olympics athletes. Fire trucks, big rigs, tow trucks, antique trucks, etc. were all there. This tow truck was just one of the beauties that participated.</p>

<div>00ZUbR-408053584.jpg.4861f51555c95f3d87b8bfc5e5f713ee.jpg</div>

This old mill built in 1874 is located in the town of Oxford, KS. This was an unusual mill for Kansas at that time as it’s turbine wheel turned an electrical generator that produced the electricity used to power the flour mill. It has since been restored and is on the National Register of Historic Places. I didn't care for the direct ambient light on the East side of the building but I was captured by the reflection in the stream.<div>00ZUcO-408067584.jpg.d04c2badf56220377c6073f1eb0c76db.jpg</div>

<p>Well another sports shot for me this week. Our soccer team remains undefeated with a big showdown looming next Tuesday when we go up against the other undefeated team in the league. At least the game is at our place. <br>

This shot is from our football game this past Saturday. Not quite in focus but the kids don't care.</p><div>00ZUeH-408111584.jpg.53ad4e3ac8ed3313ae51c50931d32deb.jpg</div>

<p>I went out in search of autumn foliage and covered bridges in Southern New Brunswick this past Saturday. Overall the colours have not been great and there has been a lot of loss due to high winds, but I did find a few pockets of good colour, such as this rural cemetery of of NB Route 750.</p><div>00ZUeQ-408113584.jpg.ec11996675454bfc9b391d24e0563028.jpg</div>