Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #41

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! My fall break from school is over and I'm back to reality. I took advantage of the long weekend to venture up to the Blackwater Falls area of West Virginia to photograph the fall color, and boy was it awesome. Believe it or not, the photo below was the very first snap of the trip. After pushing the shutter button for the first time on the trip and seeing this on the LCD, I knew it was going to be a great weekend. Fall color is beginning to show up across the country, if you've got photos of your own featuring the foliage, let's see them!</p><div>00ZSfL-406251684.jpg.965f7d016a29ca706a5d0d12fe6b51e6.jpg</div>

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>Like I said earlier -- SWEET photo Nathan. Robin's (I've a cousin at Army) and Daniel's also really good.<br /> This is the fog bank that briefly occupied SF Bay yesterday, late afternoon. It cleared totally overnight.<br /> 7D, 35mm, ISO 100, f/8 sweet spot.</p><div>00ZSfi-406261584.jpg.4fe7dcc4d454684fa8a2584aee5e2589.jpg</div>

<p>After a couple of fairly stressful weeks getting into a new job I really needed a break, so I grabbed the cameras and headed out to western Virginia for Sunday afternoon this past weekend. I wanted to find a place to capture the sunset, and driving down a road near Front Royal, I tripped over a pond, with a row of trees reflected. I spent an hour there shooting, and I think I like this photo the best - it alwasy takes me a couple of weeks to decide.</p>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr >

<th>Camera</th>

<td><a href="http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/">Canon EOS 7D</a></td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Exposure</th>

<td>0.013 sec (1/80)</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Aperture</th>

<td>f/6.3</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Focal Length</th>

<td>44 mm</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>ISO Speed</th>

<td>100</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>Exposure Bias</th>

<td>+1/3 EV</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<th>Lens Type</th>

<td>Canon EF-S 15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<div>00ZShV-406295684.jpg.e6e4f5b7a0d213dd5892f43714c45e20.jpg</div>

<p>Had 3 for this week, 1st was from a friends birthday at his country estate, 2nd was a rosebud with raindrops. But decided it's time for a snack.<br>

panbaked pear wraped in ham. 5D2, 50 macro, 550ex flash, kitchenlight, big old gitzo.</p>

<div>00ZSiQ-406307584.jpg.996ef5ac10d3edd429c888b18c2225e5.jpg</div>

<p>Nathan, that's a real keeper. Beautiful shot, as are so many of the others. The leaves here in Philly are just beginning to turn so it could be another week or so. <br>

But fall for me generally means soccer. This is only my second year out of coaching so I have been enjoying having the time to shoot. My school's team is having a great season, we are undefeated in league play with some big games coming up. Here is striker Joe Tingey exhibiting perfect form as he scores his first of two goals in our game on Tuesday.</p><div>00ZSij-406315584.jpg.abdd477bf7c62ec344f06fb317f4e0df.jpg</div>

<p>Our fall cross country season is winding down but we're getting to the fun part of the season. This is a shot from one of our dual meets last week. </p>

<ul>

<li>Camera: Canon EOS 40D</li>

<li>Flash: No</li>

<li>ISO: 400</li>

<li>Lens: Canon EF 300mm F/4 IS USM</li>

<li>Focal Length: 300mm </li>

<li>Aperture: 4.0</li>

<li>Shutter: 1/1250</li>

<li>Exposure Adjustment: -0.33</li>

<li>White Balance:Auto</li>

</ul><div>00ZSji-406331684.jpg.b7bba48f77977bb13637a1e2f5a43315.jpg</div>