Canon Thursday Photo 2011: #38

nathangardner

<blockquote>

<p><em><strong>Important</strong>:</em> please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and <strong><em>please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb</em></strong>. Note that <strong>this includes photos hosted off-site </strong>(at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc).<br /><br />Are you <strong>new to this thread</strong>? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are <a rel="nofollow" href="../canon-eos-digital-camera-forum/00X9hq"><strong>right here</strong></a>. Remember: only one image each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Happy Thursday everyone! The internet works this week so I can post a photo to start off the thread. School has still been busy but I managed to stop by a promising Wood Duck location between classes to poke around for a minute. I didn't have my waders or enough time to stake out a spot and wait for a good shot, but I did take this from the bank. The ducks are skittish so its hard to approach them. The photo is a pretty hefty crop, but the 16 MP of the 1D IV was on my side.</p><div>00ZMmt-400509584.jpg.1fe47a467d01bb689a248b8970bbc114.jpg</div>

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

<p>I took several flower shots in my back yard this week, and after reviewing them for a bit I ditched them all. DOF was too shallow for the large hibiscus blossoms. So for this week's posting I pulled up an older photo (earlier this summer) and processed it. Hood ornament of a 1940-something Pontiac. Amazingly, the glossy black paint was original.</p><div>00ZMnx-400535584.jpg.225d947f2107de95b04cc6f4188e2b15.jpg</div>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr >

<th>Camera</th>

<td><a href="http://www.flickr.com/cameras/canon/eos_7d/">Canon EOS 7D</a></td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Exposure</th>

<td>0.167 sec (1/6)</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Aperture</th>

<td>f/11.0</td>

</tr>

<tr >

<th>Focal Length</th>

<td>19 mm</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>ISO Speed</th>

<td>100</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<th>Exposure Bias</th>

<td>+1/3 EV</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<table cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" width="100%">

<tbody>

<tr>

<th>Lens Model</th>

<td>EF-S15-85mm f/3.5-5.6 IS USM</td>

</tr>

</tbody>

</table>

<div>00ZMoA-400541584.jpg.2695d8ccc7043779d74b5d6d86c60e51.jpg</div>

<p>I had a trip to Lord's last weekend for some cricket and then a trip to the Royal Berkshire Show. <br />There's a shot from one of the showing classes here http://www.photo.net/photo/14252732 <br />The best fun was the scurry racing, in which very small carriages, pulled by ponies are timed around a course.<br>

<a title="Litchfield Scurry Team - G&T by Peter Meade, on Flickr" href=" Litchfield Scurry Team - G&T src="http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6186/6159368819_ec6e406a32.jpg" alt="Litchfield Scurry Team - G&T" width="500" height="333" /></a></p>

<p>Nowhere near Lupo's level, but i'll keep trying.<br />Here's a tomato, basil, cheese, bacon strip (ob epic mealtime) on wheat, grilled for 7 minutes.<br />5d2, 50 2.5 macro, F16.<br>

@ Randy Cooprider , Last weeks apple: Red Delicous. <br />Good call! I think it is. You don't see those much in NL.<br />I never heard of them. But the tough skin and bad for cooking fit.. <br />at least they look stunning when polished.</p>

<div>00ZMpv-400577584.jpg.8713a3707c9f99c7d97211f713c03d2e.jpg</div>

<p>Nathan, got to love those wood ducks. I think the Mandarins and woodies are the two most colorful of the duck family. <br>

I'll add some comments to last week's batch this evening. Pressed for time today.</p>

<p>This bride was a natural at working the camera. Her lovely smile just lit up the place. She was having her portrait done and I couldn't resist a shot too. I was actually a fair distance away and shot this with the 100mm L Macro. Heavily cropped to work it as a portrait from a landscape orientation. Processed the RAW image in DPP and final edits/cropping in PSP X4. Resized in Picasa for display here.</p>

<div>00ZMqC-400581584.JPG.36b76811e3b7c3b9294e4a541bb25545.JPG</div>

<p>My contribution this week is another Morning Glory. You can see that this one is growing up a corn stalk. The bees have been going in and out of the flower leaving the white pollen on the flower. One visited while I was there, but I was careful not to bother him as bee stings are potentially fatal to me. (Epi-pen was close by.)<br /> Nice pictures so far this week everyone.</p><div>00ZMqR-400587884.jpg.5bb86e9b01dcf79450ce58855551a957.jpg</div>