Canon Thursday photo #16

Discussion in 'Canon EOS' started by Robin Smith, Apr 19, 2017.

1. 1000px max side for the images. Submit up to three only.

Newport Rhode Island. 70-300L Newport 04 2015 23.jpg

2. Spearhead

Spearhead Moderator Staff Member

[​IMG]
    King Gizzard & the Lizard Wizard

3. I've been doing reproduction of art this week. But of course, that is not mine to display. So here's a snapshot of my youngest daughter instead. Played around in Silver Efex when B/W processing is not really my thing.
    _D8A1068-Edit-Edit---Copy.jpg
    Canon 5D Mark IV 24-70 2.8 L

4. Didn't photograph much this week , so here's some leftovers from 2 weeks ago.
    start_IMG_3000_ps.jpg

Mark Keefer and TriggerHappy like this.
  5. Bram_IMG_2950_ps.jpg And another one, after the race, resting on the handle bars..

6. And one from the park
    park_IMG_2646_v3.jpg

7. I have been to a Canon testday to play with camera's and lenses.
    Would have loved more time working out how to work in a studio, but it was a good day.

8H6A9999_Model mustang.jpg

5D MKIV EF 24-70 mm f2.8 L II

Mark Keefer, TriggerHappy and dcstep like this.
  8. And another.

1Q4A9894_Mustang klein.jpg

5DS EF 24-70 mm f2.8 L II

9. A goose fight erupts.

[​IMG]

Canon EOS-1V, Fuji Superia 100 film

Mark Keefer and TriggerHappy like this.
  10. 1Ds mark III, EF 28/1.8
    Morning sun in California.

_DRO9536 copy 900.jpg

11. Her skin looks terrible on my monitor???

12. Canon 5D Mark IV

Last edited: Apr 22, 2017
  13. Looks fine on my calibrated NEC 4k monitor, using Chrome as my browser.

14. It is visible on both monitors on my stationary computer. I use Chrome to. The monitors are calibrated using an old Spider Pro which is sufficient for my printing work.
    It is much less visible on my portable computer especially since that monitor is very sensitive to viewing angle. It might explain why I didn't see it the first time.

It is the area where the background light is wrapping around the models arms and legs. The parts that should have been lighter have a different color and is in sometimes darker. Below are two samples from the models arms. The darker color is from the side of the arms and the lighter from the middle.

I have no idea how this could have occurred. How was the jpeg rendered? I'm a bit curious to see what the raw-file looks like.

Capture.PNG

dcstep likes this.
  15. Interesting. I looked very closely, at 200%, and I don't see it. The shins are close to blown out, but the transition between there and the dark shadow looks properly colored to me. I wonder if it was saved as RGB instead of sRGB. Still, given our similar setups, I'd expect to see what you're seeing. ;-(

16. After looking at the photo again I think you are right Nick: it must be my terrible editing skills.
    The model was a bit too dark so I've tried to lighten her and darken the car/background.
    The only editing I usually do is a bit of highlight/shadows, exposure and sharpening not anything fancy like I've tried to do with this photo. I didn't notice it on my monitor but on my ipad I see it.

17. dromedary duo
    20070316_1-127-Camel-Market.jpg

akocurek likes this.
  18. The color looks OK on my computer, calibrated with a X-Rite ColorMunki. The JPEG compression looks high to me, noticeable on my monitor on her arms and legs in the transition from light to shadow.
    Example Over compression JPEG.jpg