Canon Thursday, March 19th, 2020

MarcelRomviel

80D with 50mm F/2.5 macro. I pulled out the collapsible backdrop, umbrella soft-box, strobes, light stands and tripod. I wish I could leave this stuff set up in a separate room! I'm going to have to do this self portrait again because I can't get rid of that little lump above my left eyebrow in Lightroom. I'll have to turn the other cheek! Not a very complicated lighting setup. I'm sure TriggerHappy can figure it out.87494209_self-portrait03-16-2020.thumb.jpg.d15aab70c1b131ac7adc965b8e73afe2.jpg
  • Like 4

80D with 50mm F/2.5 macro. I pulled out the collapsible backdrop, umbrella soft-box, strobes, light stands and tripod. I wish I could leave this stuff set up in a separate room! I'm going to have to do this self portrait again because I can't get rid of that little lump above my left eyebrow in Lightroom. I'll have to turn the other cheek! Not a very complicated lighting setup. I'm sure TriggerHappy can figure it out.[ATTACH=full]1333731[/ATTACH]

Nice portrait set up. trying to decide if your eye, photo right side needs a little more light. Black rim glasses to brow clarity maybe, or a little kicker to define edge of glasses.

I always like the black back frop. Portrait looks good.

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

Nice portrait set up. trying to decide if your eye, photo right side needs a little more light. Black rim glasses to brow clarity maybe, or a little kicker to define edge of glasses.

I always like the black back frop. Portrait looks good.

Thank you, Mark. I have time on hand anyway so maybe I'll try again today or tomorrow. I had a reflector on my left side (right side of photo) which could have been closer to my face.

Thank you, Mark. I have time on hand anyway so maybe I'll try again today or tomorrow. I had a reflector on my left side (right side of photo) which could have been closer to my face.

Perhaps moving the reflector. I think you can make great portraits with this set up. Did I really type "back frop" and not catch the typo. lol.

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

Well this is a bit late but today is a rainy day here in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I made my coffee and was looking out the kitchen window, I can hear the patter of rain on the house.

1652821309_RainydayKithchenWindow-49501.thumb.jpg.2f8dc521aee10b2c026c7fa23c5c887d.jpg

It is too rainy to work on the RV. I had worked on it till after dark last night and was putting the rear mud flaps back on after sanding and repainting the mud flap frame with rust proof primer and paint. It was getting cold after the sunset and temps dropped into the 30's F and I had to bring out work lights to see to finish the job. But after seeing the rain today I am glad I finished that part of the job last night. I have been working on my motorhome every day, keeping me busy and my mind occupied with the task at hand and off of the Corona Virus and it's effect on our day to day lives.

1420237581_RainydayRV-49500.thumb.jpg.50bf83ee3bd8174e29c5ef3bc2ae67ac.jpg

So today I will be working on indoor activities trying to shake the sureal feeling and wondering if this new normal will pass anytime soon. Stay healthy my friends.

Edited by Mark Keefer
  • Like 3
Cheers, Mark

Well this is a bit late but today is a rainy day here in Southeastern Pennsylvania. I made my coffee and was looking out the kitchen window, I can hear the patter of rain on the house.

[ATTACH=full]1334286[/ATTACH]

It is too rainy to work on the RV. I had worked on it till after dark last night and was putting the rear mud flaps back on after sanding and repainting the mud flap frame with rust proof primer and paint. It was getting cold after the sunset and temps dropped into the 30's F and I had to bring out work lights to see to finish the job. But after seeing the rain today I am glad I finished that part of the job last night. I have been working on my motorhome every day, keeping me busy and my mind occupied with the task at hand and off of the Corona Virus and it's effect on our day to day lives.

[ATTACH=full]1334287[/ATTACH]

So today I will be working on indoor activities trying to shake the sureal feeling and wondering if this new normal will pass anytime soon. Stay healthy my friends.

Is that what you drove on your cross country journey, Mark? Gas mileage? Or is it diesel mileage?

Is that what you drove on your cross country journey, Mark? Gas mileage? Or is it diesel mileage?

No, the last big journey was in a Mustang convertible, Santa Monica, CA to Philadelphia, PA. in ten days long route hitting some great National Parks. This Class A is for the next journey exploring North America. This will let me be more flexible with travel time, we will not be dictated by hotel reservations or camp site reservations as much. There is a lot of BLM land that you can boondock on for free. Of course there are no utilities on BLM land so you have to make your own. Still researching solar options, I do have the 6,600 watt generator working.

This is a Newmar Mountain Aire gas Class A, 8.1 Liter Vortec Engine (340 HP) on a Workhorse chassis with a 5 speed Alison transmission 1000 series. Lots of power and will have no problem towing a car over the mountains, two slides, two house heat pump/AC units in roof, a LP propane basement furnace, electric/propane hot water and refridgerator/freezer, 3 burner LP gas stove, convection/microwave, kitchen sink, shower, rest room, kitchen, living room, two TVs, slide out bedroom with queen bed. It's a house on wheels. It should be great for my wife, myself and the dog. lol.

Gets around 10 MPG. So 10 gallons per 100 miles.

Was a nice day today, did some more work on it today.

• Like 1
Cheers, Mark

No, the last big journey was in a Mustang convertible, Santa Monica, CA to Philadelphia, PA. in ten days long route hitting some great National Parks. This Class A is for the next journey exploring North America. This will let me be more flexible with travel time, we will not be dictated by hotel reservations or camp site reservations as much. There is a lot of BLM land that you can boondock on for free. Of course there are no utilities on BLM land so you have to make your own. Still researching solar options, I do have the 6,600 watt generator working.

This is a Newmar Mountain Aire gas Class A, 8.1 Liter Vortec Engine (340 HP) on a Workhorse chassis with a 5 speed Alison transmission 1000 series. Lots of power and will have no problem towing a car over the mountains, two slides, two house heat pump/AC units in roof, a LP propane basement furnace, electric/propane hot water and refridgerator/freezer, 3 burner LP gas stove, convection/microwave, kitchen sink, shower, rest room, kitchen, living room, two TVs, slide out bedroom with queen bed. It's a house on wheels. It should be great for my wife, myself and the dog. lol.

Gets around 10 MPG. So 10 gallons per 100 miles.

Was a nice day today, did some more work on it today.

Sounds great! Well equipped!

• Like 1

80D with 50mm F/2.5 macro. I pulled out the collapsible backdrop, umbrella soft-box, strobes, light stands and tripod. I wish I could leave this stuff set up in a separate room! I'm going to have to do this self portrait again because I can't get rid of that little lump above my left eyebrow in Lightroom. I'll have to turn the other cheek! Not a very complicated lighting setup. I'm sure TriggerHappy can figure it out.[ATTACH=full]1333731[/ATTACH]

I'f you want to we can have a meeting and I can walk you through how to diminish it in PS. Not remove it, but make it just as subtle as you'd like.

From a lighting standpoint you should try to flatten it by removing shadows as already suggested. From a post processing point of view it would be easier to remove if it was lit from the front. Also, consider that the light becomes softer as it comes closer, but that also gives you a much more rapid falloff due to the rule of squares.

Ah, you know this.

Spanish Mag pie in rain.

_D8A4494---Copy.jpg.6d095838740825ebc74f4ca780c5cb2f.jpg

• Like 1

I'f you want to we can have a meeting and I can walk you through how to diminish it in PS. Not remove it, but make it just as subtle as you'd like.

From a lighting standpoint you should try to flatten it by removing shadows as already suggested. From a post processing point of view it would be easier to remove if it was lit from the front. Also, consider that the light becomes softer as it comes closer, but that also gives you a much more rapid falloff due to the rule of squares.

Ah, you know this.

Spanish Mag pie in rain.

[ATTACH=full]1334862[/ATTACH]

Thank you TriggerHappy. It's very kind of you to offer a meeting, although I don't know how we could do that. I haven't been using Photoshop much at all and was never comfortable with using layers. For the few things I did I would follow a tutorial step by step. I will try different lighting first, though.