Canon Thursday 2014 #52

Robin Smith

<h1 > </h1>

<blockquote>

<p>Important: please keep your image under 700 pixels wide/high for in-line viewing, and please try to keep the FILE SIZE UNDER 300kb. Note that this includes photos hosted off-site (at Flickr, Photobucket, your own site, etc). Are you new to this thread? The general guidelines for these Thursday threads are right here. Remember: only 3 images each week!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays to all on Photonet. I suspect there will be a smaller than usual contribution due to most having better things to do than be on the web at this time of year. But here goes.</p><div>00d1qh-553512184.jpg.19adf00501d7f83967bd579494e2e5cb.jpg</div>

Robin Smith

<p >My parents were children of the depression. Times were hard and christmas gifts were not often possible. My father had a story of one year my grandfather was working and the paycheck did not bounce! Every child in the sumner family got an whole orange, not to be split between several. After seventy-plus years his memory was vivid.</p>

<p >My morning orange brought this memory of him to me. May each of you have a whole Christmas-Orange today. </p><div>00d1qm-553512384.jpg.5c5a24c3a5e7a41dd282ee90597e731c.jpg</div>

<p>Charles, I can appreciate your story about the orange at Christmas. <br>

I'm guessing that we are about the same age and in our stocking on Christmas morning (and the stockings were one of our own socks) we tried to find the one with the less holes, :-)) we got an orange, an apple and walnuts. And maybe way at sthe toe of the sock we might find a dollar bill, but not always. And we appreciated everything that was in our stocking. <br>

Great memories that will be cherished forever. <br>

Wishing everyone on the Canon Thursday a very Merry Christmas/Happy Holiday. </p>

<p>I had forgotten that it's Thursday today.<br /> Depending on your outlook, this was either Father Christmas on his way or an ISS flyover on Christmas eve.<br /> Lots of light pollution, but I'm in the south east of England and only ~1 mile north of the nearest large town.<br /> 5D2+Samyang 14/2.8, iso-200 f8, 420 seconds<br /> <a title="ISS over Maidenhead by Pete Meade, on Flickr" href=" ISS over Maidenhead src="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7503/16070852296_55bfbcfebd_c.jpg" alt="ISS over Maidenhead" width="800" height="533" /></a></p>

<p><strong>Caught Another</strong></p>

<p>Canon 7D MkIII, EF 500mm f/4L IS, Av Mode, ISO 800, +1/3EV, f/7.1, resulting in 1/1600-sec., hand held, with Raw conversion in DxO Optics Pro 10.1</p>

<p><a title="Caught Another by David Stephens, on Flickr" href=" Caught Another src="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7570/15910695318_e00c4cc5bb_c.jpg" alt="Caught Another" width="800" height="534" /></a></p>

<p><strong>Baldy Over Mount Evans</strong></p>

<p>Canon 7D MkII, EF 500mm f/4L IS, Av Mode, ISO 800, +1/3EV, f/8.0, resulting in 1/4,000-sec., hand held, with Raw conversion in DxO Optics Pro 10.1</p>

<p><a title="Baldy Over Mount Evans by David Stephens, on Flickr" href=" Baldy Over Mount Evans src="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7556/15478459013_98dcdcebaf_c.jpg" alt="Baldy Over Mount Evans" width="800" height="534" /></a></p>

<p><strong>Juvenile Bald Eagle Portrait</strong></p>

<p>Canon 7D MkII, EF 500mm f/4L IS, Av Mode, +1/3EV, f/7.1, resulting in 1/3200-sec., hand held, with Raw conversion in DxO Optics Pro 10.1:</p>

<p><a title="Juvenile Bald Eagle Portrait by David Stephens, on Flickr" href=" Juvenile Bald Eagle Portrait src="https://farm8.staticflickr.com/7464/16097405942_2dea7c410f_c.jpg" alt="Juvenile Bald Eagle Portrait" width="800" height="400" /></a></p>

<p>Just sitting in the dark playing with the 6D and updated software from Canon. WiFi tethered to the computer and having fun shooting the coffee cup at ISO 16000. Really impressed with the image quality at ISO 16000 shooting under a warm LED Light bulb (60 watt incandescent equivalent) The new WiFi software from Canon connected fairly well through the house WiFi. As I shoot off the camera, the images appear shortly on the PC. Not sure yet how many till/if it bottle necks the camera. But so far I seem to be able to click off several shots with no problem. Could be real useful at a wedding reception shoot or event for on site sale of prints to guests.</p><div>00d26C-553593984.jpg.8a1e61caf81e963284cb01baca1ca7b0.jpg</div>
Cheers, Mark