Canon T90 (non shutter) Problems

barryreid

Hi, I just picked up a T90 from eBay and am hoping that there is some good knowledge on this forum!

It was described as working but I'm not sure how the vendor could have come to that conclusion as the -ve terminal had a ton of corrosion/leakage residue on it. Anyhow, after cleaning that up I got it powered up and started checking buttons - the first of which was the mode selection which stuck down as soon as I pressed it Thus all I can do with my new toy is fiddle with the mode or change the Multiple Exposure count (the metering button works and returns as normal).

Does anyone have an idea of how to free these little buttons up without having to doe something drastic take a screwdriver to the camera and pull the top plate off?

Another question - this is my second T90 (I've had my first since 1990) and both have a slightly 'skippy' command dial so they won't always register a click. This isn't a showstopper but it can be annoying - is it just a matter of exercising the dial, in the same way the shutter needs exercising.

For what it's worth - there was some gunge near these buttons, after a bit of deep cleaning and some fiddling around with a toothpick the button released. Thankfully I was then bale to test the metering and (WooHoo!) fire the shutter. So, in the end a fully functioning second T90 body.

Next up will be to get some contact cleaner for both bodies per John's suggestion.