Canon T5i vs T2i or 60D

wgpinc

<p>I see the new Cano T5i (700D) coming out. I currently use my T2i as my 'small' camera. How does the new T5i compare to the T2i for image quality, ease of use and ISO noise. For that matter would the 60D produce better quality images or have other advantages to either of the previously mentioned cameras besides size?</p>

<p>If ease-of-use includes movies with AF using STM lenses, the T5i will, functionally, work better than the T2i or the 60D. The T5i also has a higher frame-rate than the T2i (as does the 60D).</p>

<p>If you're talking about the rest, you will not be able to distinguish images from any of the cameras you listed.</p>

<p>The main advantage of the 60D is a little better controls (QCD), better grip and a slightly larger VF and buffer. IQ is almost exactly the same since they all use the same CMOS. If you have STM lenses and shoot lots of video, the newest Rebel may be worth buying over the 60D. Last time I checked the T5i was more expensive than the 60D.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Another who simply prefers the "operating system" on the non-"Rebel" cameras.</p>

<p>Canon has occasionally de-activated some feature(s) on cheaper cameras. However, I don't see any significant image differences between any two same-generation models.</p>

So as one who actually has a Rebel t4i and has actually used it here are my thoughts. It is about the same as the t5i. It

is a second body to my 7D. I really like the touch screen and new processor. I have an I pad and like to let my fingers do

the walking The 17-135 STM lens received a great review from Photozone. The ariticulating screen works in four

directions. I shoot sports and although it delivers five frames per second but only for about five raw pictures ]before the

buffer fills. The image quality in my mind is the same as my seven D. The image quality I surmise is about the same as

the T2i. I don;t think an upgrade to the t5i would make significant difference. Nor do I think a 60d would be much of an

upgrade. The 60d has been around for awhile. If I were you I would consider waiting for a 6D or the new 70D or 8D or

whatever they call it. The frame rate is better, speed of focus capture, and tracking is much better in the 7d. High noise

between my Rebel and 7D seem to be about the same. However, LR noise reduction really takes care of it up to iso

3200. As you know, full frame is much better. I can do about 80 per cent of my photography with the t4i but the 7d is

much better when it comes to action. Canon has used basically the same sensor in the t2i, 60d, t4i and the t5i. I know

the sensor now uses PD for capture in live view but compared to my sony I don't think Canon live view is as good.

<p>C'mon Mark, the 60D is full of <em>ancient</em> technology, like a NON-touch screen, a nearly <em><strong>4yr</strong> </em>old 18mp sensor, a Digic<strong><em> 4</em></strong> for chrisakes! How did we make pictures with such antiquated technology !?!</p>

<blockquote>

<p>The 60D is a very old camera. Unless you desperately need one today, <a href="http://www.canonrumors.com/2013/04/21mp-sensor-in-the-7d-mark-ii-cr1/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">wait until the successor arrives</a>.</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Apparently not that old as Canon keeps rehashing the same 18MP CMOS. Maybe the 60D MKII will have the same CMOS but add Wi-fi and iTunes to make it seem more modern.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Right now all the Canon APS-C bodies have 18Mp sensors or lower (1100D), and my assumption is that the IQ from all of these will be very similar. The difference is more likely to be determined by the processor, in fact, than the sensor's native capability. So the choice is down to other factors.</p>

<p>Last autumn when upgrading from a 500D (T1i) I chose a 60D over a 650D or a 7D. The handling and feel of the 60D was a definite plus when compared with the 650D (T4i). Although I respect the capability of the 7D, its weight and price were definite minuses - and I don't really need the what the 7D offers over the 60D. There were things about the 650D that were tempting, especially the touch screen, but in the end the handling of the 60D persuaded me to pay the extra money for it. If I was buying a camera right now - not in six months time, when several models may well have been refreshed/replaced - I'd make the same decision again. That's all you can do - decide on the basis of what's on the table now.</p>

<p>And it helped enormously that I live a few miles away from an independent dealer (a Canon professional dealer) where I was able to spend quite a long while with a selection of the bodies listed above to help me make my choice.</p>

<p>The person behind the tool is what makes great photographs. T5i looks like another winner for the 18MP sensor ASP-C. I shoot with the canon 60D love the camera love the kit lens 18mm - 200mm IS lens. Wouldn't trade it for anything else but an upgrade in a few years. </p>