Canon T50 has a problem!

krystle_aikens

<p>Hey all,</p>

<p>I have a Canon T50 that I just got, I have loaded brand new batteries and used the battery checker to make sure they are good, loaded the film as per the manual, closed the cover and put the film winder back in position, pressed on the shutter release button and there is nothing. The film doesn't advance, there is no noise, the exposure dial doesn't change from 's' to '1' like it is supposed to. Any ideas on something I may be missing or is the motor broken? Thanks!</p>

<p>I located an on-line T50 manual and read it up through the film loading sequence. If the battery checker beeps happily, you've got the film leader indexed and engaged with sprocket teeth, then nothing happens when performing the actions on page 14..."Houston, we've got a problem."<br>

Someone will soon chime in with more specific T50 wisdom I hope!</p>

<p>How's the battery compartment looking? No corrosion or anything?<br>

Try the pencil eraser trick on the contacts. Also the T50 battery door is known for breaking so you might not have a solid contact... Mash on the battery door and see if it powers up. I had a foil gum wrapper folded up to put pressure on the batteries and taped the door to the body, tightly. Also make sure your batteries aren't reversed.<br>

<br /> If none of that fixes your problem, you have a nice boxy doorstop. They aren't worth tearing apart and you can spend less than $20 getting one from KEH if you really wanted to get another.</p>