Canon t3i micro focus?

kenneth_merrill

<p>Hey, I'm trying to decide if I want to buy a Canon 60D or a t3i this summer, and I have a question: does the t3i have micro focus adjustment?<br>

Right now I'm leaning toward the 60D for the sturdier body, faster shutter, and better battery life. However, the t3i does have the new 10x HD video zoom feature, which is very attractive. If it also has micro focus adjustment, that might be the straw on the camel's back. If anyone knows anything about these two cameras or has any other recommendations, I would appreciate input.<br>

Thanks.</p>

<p>Kenneth,<br>

Are you referring to AF Microadjustment? For correction of front or back focusing on the lens.<br>

I don't think either the 60D or the T3i (600D) have it.<br>

The 50D does and I think a couple of other's but I'm not certain which ones.<br>

I'm sure someone else will chime in.</p>

<blockquote>

<p>10x HD video (DIGITAL) zoom is nothing but losing details (pixels).</p>

</blockquote>

<p>Not quite correct. You don't loose pixels (at least with moderate zoom) since even 1080p HD is only 1080x1920. You can crop down to that size from the full sensor output (5184 x 3456)with no visible quality loss. Of course that's only about a 3.5x zoom, but given the compression required for HD video anyway, there's not a huge quality loss even at 10x. With 720p HD you can get about a 5x crop (zoom) with no visible reduction in quality, so in that case it's really only a 2x "digital zoom" to get to 10x. At 640x480 you can get a 7x zoom with no visible quality or pixel loss.</p>

<p>The 7D gives you full 1080p HD video and AF microadjustment (but no digital zoom!). You can't get everything at once (yet). Possibly in the 7D MkII or 5D MkIII.</p>