Canon solved my lemon lens problem (just sharing)

vuyisich

<p>A few months ago I asked for help with my 28-135 lemon lens. It had been fixed three times by Canon, but the problem reappeared each time. I spoke with the Canon Customer Service and they only offered to keep repairing it indefinitely. I sent an e-mail explaining the situation and asked them to escalate the issue past the service people. To cut the long story short, Canon sent me a brand new 28-135 lens with a 1 year warranty, and pre-paid for the return of the faulty lens. I just wanted to share the story hoping it may help someone in the future.</p>

<p>Canon did the same for me when I had a problem with a printer under warranty. I think I had the new one in about three days and used the prepaid carton they sent with the new one. I was very pleased with the attitude on the phone and the quick service.</p>

<p>I've had extremely positive customer services experience with Canon, as well. First, they answer the phone in Virginia not in some place half way around the world via a garbled internet phone connection. You don't have to put up with a script read by someone you can't understand.<br /> Likewise, I've had an advance exchange on a Pro 9000 printer. And when I purchased my large format ipf8000 and completed assembly (it was nearly 500 lbs on a pallet) the head alignment was slightly off, causing it to nick thick paper. Rather than attempt to have me adjust it by phone, Canon flew a tech from California to Las Vegas, where he rented a car and drove to my site in Utah to adjust the printer. It took him less than half an hour. He came prepared to replace the print heads, which wasn't necessary. He left me the unused pair of print heads that normally sell for $600 each, at no charge, packed his things, drove back to Las Vegas and flew back to LA the same day. Since that day the printer has worked flawlessly.<br /> I purchased a used L Series 70-200 F4 lens that ceased to focus about two weeks after I acquired it. I sent it to Canon and although I wasn't the original owner, they repaired it at no charge and returned it to me prepaid.<br /> There are lots of brands out in the world that make products as good, or likely in some cases, superior in some ways to Canon equivalents. But for much of my work I'll stick with Canon as long as their customer service continues at the high level that I've experienced.</p>

<p>I've had extremely positive customer services experience with Canon, as well. First, they answer the phone in Virginia not in some place half way around the world via a garbled internet phone connection. You don't have to put up with a script read by someone you can't understand.<br>

Likewise, I've had an advance exchange on a Pro 9000 printer. And when I purchased my large format ipf8000 and completed assembly (it was nearly 500 lbs on a pallet) the head alignment was slightly off, causing it to nick thick paper. Rather than attempt to have me adjust it by phone, Canon flew a tech from California to Las Vegas, where he rented a car and drove to my site in Utah to adjust the printer. It took him less than half an hour and he packed his things, drove back to Las Vegas and flew back to LA the same day. Since that day the printer has worked flawlessly.<br>

I purchased a used L Series 70-200 F4 lens that ceased to focus about two weeks after I acquired it. I sent it to Canon and although I wasn't the original owner, they repaired it at no charge and returned it to me prepaid.<br>

There are lots of brands out in the world that make products as good, or likely in some cases, superior in some ways to Canon equivalents. But for much of my work I'll stick with Canon as long as their customer service continues at the high level that I've experienced.</p>

<p>I recently sent in a Rebel XSi for service. I was mainly responsible for the problem it was sent in for, and said as much in my e-mail to the Canon Factory Service Center in Jamesburg, NJ. They accepted delivery and fixed a problem mostly of my own creation under warranty. I'm expecting the camera to come back in the next week or so. My experience was positive beyond resonable consumer expectation.</p>

<p>Great job, Canon!</p>

<p>Michael J Hoffman</p>