Canon Service Facility: New Jersey or Irvine, CA

andrew_amrhein

What kind of bad things? I would probably send it to the facility that is closest to you. The closer the better, less travel time in the package. Less chance of shipping damage. I am interested in what bad things you have heard.

Have a great day !

I posted an earlier thread talking about the 10D I just purchased from someone for a good price, but it has a front focusing problem that needs calibration. After watching this forum and another one, I have seen more bad comments about the NJ facility. The comments are on the nature of having to send the equipment back multiple times to get the repair corrected, and taking an exceedingly long amount of time to return the equipment after repair. I want my equipment repaired correctly the first time in a "reasonable" amount of time. I will be sending my 2 Canon lenses along with the body since I cannot get a clear answer as to whether this is a body or lens problem. Regardless, it should not take that long to repair since judging by this forum and another this is a somewhat recurring problem with this camera.

Thanks for the info.

I just had a new EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS repaired at the NJ facility (I live in Georgia). My door to my door was 12 days, I recieved both written and e-mail communication, and the repair seems to have been done well (bad/noisy gyro bearing - IS assembly replaced). Except for having a problem with the lens in the first place, a good experience for me. However, all these forum posts are anecdotal at best - data... we need lots of data!

• 2 years later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 7 years later...