Canon s410 or Canon sd300?

I really, really want to like the SD200 and SD300. They're smaller than the S410 but have larger screens, and seem to have everything else.

But right now I'm leaning towards the S410 for my pocket-everywhere camera. Why? Looking over the sample images at sites like Steve's Digicams, it appears that the SD models suffer from the same blurring of fine detail as pretty much all 1/2.5 sensor digicams. I noticed this when comparing the S410 to Sony's T1 and a few other 1/2.5 models.

He always has one shot of a building with palm trees out front. Compare the shots from the two cameras side-by-side and you'll notice that the S410 picks up detail in the tree trunks and pavement that are blurred over in the SD shots. Same with the T1. Same with several other 1/2.5 models. You can notice this difference in some of the other samples to.

That's pushing me to the S410.

S410 (I use S400) uses the same memory cards (CF) as my DSLRs do. So I have gigs of memory that I can use when I'm not out and about with the big cameras. If I used SD, I'd have to buy more memory. Back when I bought the S400, 512 meg of SD cost almost as much as the dang camera itself.

S400 replaced an S100 (exact same size and weight). One or the other has been on my belt for over 3 years now, and I don't find it cumbersome at all.

I faced the same decision. I went with the SD300 (got it for $310 shipped from Dell - use the coupon codes). The SD300 is smaller, faster, bigger LCD, better video. The S410 may have slightly better edge sharpness than the SD300, but maybe a firmware upgrade for the SD300 will address this. The S410 doesn't comfortable fit in my pants pockets, and finally the E18 (something like that) error messages I read about put me off.

The price I got the SD300 for was only $30 more than the S410. Shop around.