Canon S110 touch screen

tropdude

<p>I didn't think that they changed the AF speed in the S110. I gathered, from reading dpreview's S110 preview, that everything is the same as the S100 performance-wise but that the biggest change is the addition of the touch-screen and wi-fi (Canon did change the AF speed in the G15 as compared to the G12 which resulted in a significant increase in speed; it's a <em>lot</em> faster in use!). As for disabling the touch-screen on the S110, I've not read anywhere that it can be done but that's only from reading previews. I would imagine that you'd be able to, just like on the T4i it can be disabled.</p>

<p>Why do you need to disable the touch screen? ... my camera has a touch screen and an EVF so the LCD is normally in the closed position except when I use it to adjust menus or for a low or high angle shot and I keep my fingers off the screen :-)<br>

Just checked at dpreview .... REALLY! just how clueless can you get? designing a camera with a FIXED LCD which has a touch screen .. that is the funniest thing I have read in ages.<br>

zt you have my sympathy.</p>

<p>I often use small cameras in handheld (ie camera back is against my palm), and my hand is lowered along my body to get shots of peoples' interactions (markets, shops, border crossings, etc.), sort of less noticed, and different angle. While most of these shots are a hit-or-miss, I am worrying if accidental touching the LCD would screw up the settings, focus, etc. even more.</p>

<p>You have my sympathy even more becuase I fear pressing the wrong button on my camera will open the White Balance options and a further press takes it from AWB to some other setting to screw up my photos ... all becuase the designers moved the button about a quarter inch up the body compared to earlier models ....which is where my thumb naturally fits ...... URRRGH :-)</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Canon did change the AF speed in the G15 as compared to the G12 which resulted in a significant increase in speed; it's a <em>lot</em> faster in use!</p>

</blockquote>

<p>+1. It makes the G15 feel like an entirely different class of camera. A slightly better OVF would have made it a real winner.</p>