Canon remote app

joseph_dickerson

<p>Hi, <br>

I'm trying to utilize the Canon Remote App on an iPod Touch, running iOS 5.1.1. I'm told it should work, but I'll be damned if I can get the iPod and the 6D to recognize one another.<br>

Is the software really this bad? Or am I just this stupid?<br>

I'm currently frustrated to the max, if anyone can restore my sanity I'd appreciate it.<br>

Or should I just forget about it altogether?<br>

JD</p>

<p>I've used the EOS Remote app with both my 70D and 6D and it quickly and easily connected with my iPhone 5S and iPad 2. No struggle, stable, easy to use and works great within its limited features. However I'm running iOS 8 (worked under iOS 7 well too). iOS5 is old and, if the past is an indicator, Canon didn't spend a lot of time testing with legacy systems. Perhaps you should update to iOS 8 and give it a go.</p>

<p>Honestly, I'd rather use a wired or IR remote but the app is handy while traveling if you want to suck a few pics into your phone for uploads. I wonder if Canon will ever update this app? Probably better off buying an app from an aftermarket developer if you're serious about using something like this.</p>

<p>On the other hand, it took me over a half hour to get my 6D Wi-Fi to connect to my Mac. Canon Remore's Mac connection is overly complicated. I think I'll stick to a USB cable for that one.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>Here's an instructional video for the 70D, almost exactly the same menus and steps as the 6D:</p>

<p>http://youtu.be/5J13LtKcXjA</p>

<p>I don't recall it seeming as complicated but that probably because I sort of felt my way through and lucked out the first time.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter