Canon Refurbished Cameras

douglas_vitello

<p>I don't know if all Canon EOS Forum members are aware of it but Canon sells factory remanufactured cameras at huge discounts over purchasing new.These are factory refurbs by Canon sold by Canon through their Canon Direct Store (Google It).They come with a 90 day warranty (but not a battery) and are usually flawless and like new.30D/40/D/50D etc,have disappeared from just about every else but Canon still has them.</p>

<p>I am not sure there is much of a savings to be had. On Canon's site, the 50D is $899 refurb and $999 for new--I'd go for the new for only $100, but B&H had the camera for 949 new, so even less of a reason to get a refurb.</p>

<p>Nothing wrong with a refurb, probably(?), but I think I would have to see a 25-30% savings before I would even consider it, not a 5% savings!</p>

<p>Usually the refurbs at B&H, Adorama, etc., are cheaper than the ones at Canon's web shop. But, yeah, if you only save $100 I'd rather pay the benjamin 'n get a battery and 1 year warranty.</p>

Sometimes the light’s all shining on me. Other times I can barely see.

- Robert Hunter

<p>I discovered the Canon refurbs from the Canon Store back when I was looking to purchase an EOS3.<br />I didn't think it much of a bargain at that time.<br />Bought the EOS3 through the Classifieds here on PN that was a member's backup rig with low actuations.<br />I agree that Canon Store should be able to get "below" B&H & Adorama! In fact much lower!</p>

<p>What are your opinions on a factory refurbished for 250.00 off? 7D comes with the battery (and everything else) and a 90 day warranty. Worth it? Is the one year warranty worth it? If these things are bad, is it usually right away? And how expensive to fix? I am chomping at the bit that a 7D is now within my reach.</p>

<p>I bought a refurb 40D last year. It came with everything that a new one does (cables, disks, manual, battery, charger, etc.) and was cheap enough to make the purchase worthwhile. The camera looked and performed brand-new.<br>

Last year also have purchased a couple of refurb lenses and am very happy with them. Saving 17% was enough incentive for me to go the refurb route.<br>

I've got some more lenses to buy first but may very well go for a refurb 7D when the time comes.</p>

<p>Yeah the refurbs with a price around $200.00 less than anybody else (B&H/Adorama) would certainly be worth it! But the Canon Store itself I don't think discounts much over about 5% from the new price as somebody pointed out.<br>

I've never had a bad piece of Canon Equipment to date. (knock on wood!) And I would agree that it would probably be found within the first 90 days, although I have to admit . . . having owned my 50D for nearly a year now, there are many features that I have not yet used and would not know if they had problems or not!</p>

<p>It arrived today! Had it sent to work so someone would be around to sign for it. The box it came in was rather plain, although it did have the Canon logo on it. Other that that it said "Refurbished" on one side and had a "Used" label on the other. Egads, how embarrassing! I got the battery charged before I left work, slapped on my trusty old 17-85 lens and headed out as the sun was going down to test it out in low light conditions. Toward the end I had it cranked up to 6400 ISO. A little grainy but still acceptable given that it was all hand held. Have not touched the video side of it yet and feel like I have barely scratched the surface, but I am really happy with it.<br>

I am as excited about this camera as I was when I first stepped up from my 3 megapixel Olympus 3:1 digital zoom to my Canon Rebel XT. I love how this thing feels in my hands. Nothing against the Rebel. I have taken some great shots with it, but with the 7D, I feel like I have just entered a new world! Can't wait to really put it though the paces!</p><div>00WLt8-240191584.jpg.c57a74f1099755c452f5b9e0cd1d871c.jpg</div>