Canon Rebel Help

riley_anderson

<p>I am a starting photographer still in high school. Right now I have a Canon Rebel XSI, yes I love this camera but I really want an upgrade and this is why I am here posting. So my price range is 850 and below...I want something that is sorta light like the XSI and possibly something with video but that can be optional and 15+ mega pixels.<br />I was thinking of getting the Canon rebel T2i.<br />Anyone help me out in deciding?<br />here is my photography website just to show the types of stuff I take pictures of.<br>

http://rraaphotography.blogspot.com</p>

<blockquote>

<p>Right now I have a Canon Rebel XSI, yes I love this camera but I really want an upgrade</p>

</blockquote>

<p><strong>WHY </strong>do you "really want an upgrade?" I like new toys as much as the next person, but you're still in high school and have a perfectly fine camera. Tell us why you need to do this. I'm not saying you shouldn't but I am saying if you were my still in high school kid I'd want a pretty decent reason. YMMV</p>

<p>Henry Posner<br /><strong>B&H Photo-Video</strong></p>

Henry Posner

B&H Photo-Video

<p>Where are you feeling limited by your XSi? Since video is only something you'd possibly want, that's not a primary factor. Megapixels aren't likely to make your images look better unless you're blowing them up to large sizes.</p>

<p>If your technique is good for sharp shots and you still aren't satisfied with the sharpness, you'll be better off with better lenses...the body won't help much, if at all. It could also be a processing issue. Shooting raw and then applying white balance, sharpening, saturation, etc on the computer is far better than using the settings in your camera...you're limited in what you can do with your computer if you're only shooting JPEGs.</p>

<p>Looking at your photographs, you have a couple of shots that use the light well, but most of them could use a lot of improvement there. Consider getting a flash (or two) and a way to get it off your camera, and some sort of diffusion method, like an umbrella, softbox, or something like the Fong Lightdome, and learn how to use lighting effectively. Actually, it'd be better to do at least a fair amount of the learning first so that can guide you in your purchasing.</p>

<p>An X0D body will be an upgrade in terms of ergonomics and camera operation. So if you are truly want to upgrade your body, don't look at another Rebel dSLR.</p>

<p>Then again, I don't see any need in your pictures to get a newer camera body. However, spending the money on a nice set of prime lenses (for example, the Sigma 30mm f/1.4 HSM and an EF 100mm f/2 USM) plus a nice Speedlite flash unit will give you a lot more range in artistic options and photographic opportunities.</p>

<p>And nobody here cares about "megapixels"...</p>

<p>Given your criteria, I'd look at, and handle, a used 50D, Since video is optional, a 50D may be ideal for you. They can be found readily in the price range you specified, and the controls will give you an interface that is far superior to any rebel. The unit is even superior to the 60D in nearly every respect (except video of course)</p>

<p>OTOH, bueh is right in that superior lenses can be found in that price range and will give you a far better bang for your buck... for 850, you could manage a 50/1.4 & an 85/1.8 (just an example of portrait lenses on the crop), or a 17-55/2.8 (used)</p>

<p>The bottom line is that even in that price range there are a lot of options, and upgrading your body isn't always the best choice...</p>

<p>I definitely like your posting style, very interesting. Nice read and also keep posting. Excited to look over some more of your articles, have a good one.<br />Thank’s ,This is really a great post .It clear’s most of my doubt’s . and i hope people would love it too.<br>

==========<br>

<a href="http://www.sapiencebpo.com/services.html">Seo Services</a></p>

<p>+1 what Henry wrote.</p>

<p>I think a good basic rule of thumb should be that until you can say WHY you need a new piece of equipment, you probably shouldn't buy it. for people starting out, a new body is usually about the least helpful thing. Study and practice is the most important. With practice, you will learn what you want to photograph, you will probably find lots of things that you need new equipment to accomplish. The first things might be flash equipment, new glass, or who knows what else. That's the time to buy.</p>

<p> </p>

<p>If you love your camera body why not opt for new (to you) glass? $850 would do quite a bit for you on the used market. I don't have any specific suggestions having just switched to EOS myself but I've never gone wrong buying quality glass. </p>

<p>Riley - the biggest improvement (I think) between your current body and the T2i is the T2i's low light performance. If you consistently find yourself shooting in low light where you can't use a flash then maybe you're right and you do need an upgrade. <br>

One thing to keep in mind is that if you're interested in video then you'll want a lens that is suited for that (f/2.8 or faster)</p>