Canon Quartz Date Back E for the EOS 650, 620, and 630 cameras

JDMvW

<p><strong>Canon Quartz Date Back E for the EOS 650, 620, and 630 film cameras</strong><br /><em><strong>An informational post</strong></em><br /><br />Quite a number of the Canon EOS 650, 620 and 630 camera bodies out in the market place have the Canon Quartz Date Back E on the body. Here I discuss this and present the manual for it in pdf format.</p>

<p>The three alternate backs for these cameras were the plain back, Date BackE and the much rarer Technical Back E.<br /> http://www.mir.com.my/rb/photography/hardwares/classics/eos/eoscamera/620/index3.htm has brief discussions of both E backs, with pictures of the Technical Back and its associated keyboard (yes).<br /><br />Having accumulated a couple of the simpler Canon Quartz Date Back E backs, I thought I had figured out most of the settings, but just in case, I finally found a listing for the extremely rare instruction manual for the Canon Quartz Date Back E. I have made a pdf of it, and sent a copy to Mike Butkus, even though he didn't feel that there would be much demand for it. I suppose he'll get it up on his site one day.<br /><br />The function of the Canon Quartz Date Back E is to imprint a date or other data onto the film (higher than ISO 100, that is). The options are<br /><br /></p>

<ul>

<li>auto date (order of day-month-year selectable) [good up to the year 2029, by the way]</li>

<li>a day and time stamp [a quartz clock is built in]</li>

<li>a record number (up to six digits - each from 00 to 99 and 'blank']</li>

<li>a frame counter number - Fc 00 00 to Fc 99 99</li>

<li>and there is also a film loading date given in <year/month/day> displayed when the 'film loading date check button is pressed</li>

</ul>

<p><br />It uses a CR2025 battery of 3 year life, or more.</p><div>00YHjD-335279684.jpg.a24d3f7867c491ebb6ec29eba886c511.jpg</div>

• Like 1

<p>The Quartz Date Back is available at various stores and on occasion on eBay. The only priced example I could find was just over $30, but it's usually cheaper to get one on one of the cameras, which generally go for less than that. I could find no examples of the Technical Back E for sale.</p>

<p>That's all folks.</p>

• 9 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...